Club126UK

Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: richard on March 05, 2007, 10:20:22 PM

Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: richard on March 05, 2007, 10:20:22 PM
hello u lot? have i done something wrong ??  :oops:

as ive posted a few messages as of late and have had little or no responce ?

 :cry:
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: bis13 on March 06, 2007, 04:17:12 PM
well dont worry, i cant even get on the site anymore as it wont let me log on , i have had to go via anonymouse. i doubt if your being ignored as most members dont even know you.
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: philippa on March 09, 2007, 02:58:50 PM
lol awww

hello richard

philippa
Title: hello plip
Post by: richard on March 09, 2007, 04:02:34 PM
a up plip  :oops:

hehe laters :P
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: Darrell on March 24, 2007, 10:26:06 PM
:D sorry richard for not responding, I been busy!

Aircooled is now running well.

I took the engine out after I saw the pistons were seized, unseized it and then decided a new gasket set, seals were in order.

The rings wouldn't budge so I broke them out and got new ones, honed the barrels and put it back together.

To all on-lookers amazement and mine it fired-up without much cranking!!

I must have learned something all these years tinkering!!!

I got a new bonnet and spent some time 'pannel beating' a few dents out and she's looking pretty cool right now.

It needs a gearbox replacement/fix, I might give it a bash but then I understand engines ok but gearboxes are a foreign language to me so a replacement seems the way foreward.

I am enjoying this aircooled, so much to tinker with! I just hope the weather holds-out because I can't wait to get out and play every evening.

The BIS was too easy, it was good when I bought it.

I wonder, anyone know where I can get original seat covers?

Take care :D
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: 126dave on March 24, 2007, 10:51:10 PM
darrel,jump in, the gearbox is dead easy to play with...........is it just the normal 1st/reverse prob?.if so,get a kit and go for it,and replace the output shaft seal at the same time..........
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: bis13 on May 05, 2007, 05:17:11 AM
richard with regards to your previous question. YES I THINK YOU NOW HAVE. :)
Title: have i done something wrong???
Post by: fiatfsm on May 05, 2007, 07:17:26 PM
LOL, very true :lol: