Club126UK
Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: dajwid on September 04, 2006, 08:29:28 PM
-
I am back in the UK after 13 years in Poland. Great to be back.
Drove my camper 1200 miles no probs, Customs didn't worry too much about an exreamly overloaded T3.
I have now seen the 126 I bought on e bay a few weeks ago. I will get the rebuild (or fix up to be mor precise) started in a couple of weeks.
I brought my alloys, disc brakes and lowering bits with me, as well as tons of parts. I got a repair kit for the altinator that was playing up, but I now see it has a dynamo????? In a 1985???? MMMMM something strange.
The car is a left hand drive polish car. Solid but I need more time to see what is needed.
Oh well great to be home. hope to meet more members soon.
-
welcome home mate! :D
nice to have another extreme 126 enthusiast in Britain, youve got a while to get the car ready for next years summer (hopefully before)
im not sure about the dynamo thing :S has it got voltage regulator box in the left had side in the engine compartment? Sounds like they have swaped the engine to an older one. Does it have 650 stamped on the head? and anti backfire on the pipe bewtweem airfilter and carb?
regards
Chris
-
Yes has the regulater, and it is dodgy. Has the filter fitted bettween the carb and the filter like on the newer ones. Hope to go for a spin on Friday.
It is burried under tons of my stuff in the garage until I move into my house.
-
Welcome back Dajwid. You off to vanfest this weekend?
I owe you a pint if i remember correctly :D
-
I hope to, But tons to do. if I don't make it Brighton breeze 100%