Club126UK
Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: 126dave on August 08, 2006, 09:14:25 PM
-
anyone else witness the outragous abuse of the FIAT GB site at the weekend????????.........awsome.....peeps with soooo much PC ability just using it to cause trouble......
-
missed that Dave what happend?
the abuse still on there?
regards
Chris
-
some still there,some idiot decieded to hijack peeps names etc and post outragous obscene stuff about thier cars/wifes etc................nearly every proper post was answered by this idiot,and lots of new ones too,check it out,'126' is still there
-
The Fiat GB forum is an open forum and I believe anyone can post anything without registering. This in my opinion is just asking for trouble with the idiots around!
The mods etc should be able to trace the culprit's IP adress if he/she has posted there before?
The 126 forum is very carefully monitored for abuse and spam, but we do get a few probs now and then as well.
f500126
-
There really are some numptys out there.Sad people with snorkel jackets and nature trekker shoes with a name like Ernest :lol:
-
I missed all that, it seems that the forums webmaster was on holiday at the time :???:
-
if anything was said about my wife its probably true.... ouch!..... ah! ....
-
I saw all this too, someone asked for the email address of the 900 registrar. As they were not a club member (they listed an obviously made up membership number) their request was politely refused, as that sort of information is only given to members (and quite rightly so in my opinion). Said poster then went on a thread hijacking rampage in response :sad: :sad: :sad:
As said, the Webmaster was on holiday so wasn't able to sort it out ASAP, but did manage to clear most of it remotely.
You will get this sort of thing with an open forum and it has happened there before, but is usually nipped in the bud. I still believe that an open forum is OK though as I tend to be put off making enquiries or asking questions etc. if I have to register on forums. Am only registered on this one, fiatforum.com & autopooe.com (which is an excellent site by the way)because I am interested in them. :D :D