Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: Boomer on September 24, 2019, 10:36:30 AM

Title: When do you shift?
Post by: Boomer on September 24, 2019, 10:36:30 AM
Just wondering?

I have a BIS the engine, it's not a torque monster but I can shift really early. In fact it's a bit like a diesel engine, low down power!
I see no point going to 4500 rpm, it just doesn't feel right. What about you? And the one with lightened flywheels and moded engines?
Title: Re: When do you shift?
Post by: 126blackbird on September 25, 2019, 10:49:49 AM
There is no point in going to 4500, it power is more about the torque of the engine
Title: Re: When do you shift?
Post by: Boomer on September 25, 2019, 04:45:09 PM
Yes amazing the tractability of this engine. I started in second from standstill today… no clutch slipping, no drama… but a slow start for sure!