Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: Bar Vitelli on July 12, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Title: Fiat 126 BIS
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 12, 2018, 11:15:41 PM
I saw another Fiat 126 today! Less than 400m from my house! What a thrill!

It was a BIS. What does BIS stand for? I’ve always wanted to know...

 :)

Title: Re: Fiat 126 BIS
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 12, 2018, 11:25:32 PM
It looked beautiful as well!
Title: Re: Fiat 126 BIS
Post by: Gadge on July 13, 2018, 09:26:55 AM
I think it stands for “final” or “encore” but I’m not sure which country the term comes from

It could also be an abbreviation of Boils In Seconds...     
Title: Re: Fiat 126 BIS
Post by: pietschokkenbroek on July 13, 2018, 10:34:29 AM
 ;)
Title: Re: Fiat 126 BIS
Post by: Bar Vitelli on July 13, 2018, 07:11:40 PM
Wow! Thank you, chaps, that’s good to know, the more I learn about Fiat’s the more I am impressed with what they did back in the day. Outstanding innovation and a wonderful back story too!