Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: desyboy on February 02, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

Title: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: desyboy on February 02, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

Dear all

I have acquired yet another Fiat 126, my third, I just saw it and....

 it’s the keeper for me because it was born in the 1970’s , has a great body and retro style, just like my wife ! Unfortunately, my wife doesn’t have the same opinion and , with only one garage, my second acquisition, a RHD 126 Brown will probably have to go...

Anyway.... the purpose of the post .... the latest car , 1982 RHD , series 1 dash has 13” alloy wheels on it.... I’m keen to source the wheels that I think it may have had but my ask is ....does anyone know how I describe them so as to assist my search? I’ve heard them described as moon wheels ... the ones that are solid steel or chrome that you see when you look at an old 126 on google images.... any ideas what they are called and where I might source at reasonable monies ?
Regards
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 02, 2018, 08:26:57 AM
I've heard them described as deep dish or moon wheels. I think that there are people on here that might have some for sale.  Any chance you could post some pictures? I think that a 1982 car would have different wheels so it would be good to check first.

Is your Brown a brown-Brown or is it a different colour?
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: 1973/126 on February 02, 2018, 09:37:47 AM
 Wow another one? You got to watch it before it gets out of hand :P

 If your car is a 1982 it would have standard 12" wheels with 4x98PCD and some metal hub caps.

 Garry I think the "brown" is actually a late a/c 126 in maroon colour.
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: desyboy on February 02, 2018, 09:43:41 AM
Ta

Educate me please .....4x98PCD ? And from what you describe they are not the moon wheels I like.

And yes the other is that 1987 Aircooled RHD Rosso scuro colour

The latest is Rosso arancia... really bright red

I have lots of photos but they are too big to attach... I’ll have to take some more on a lower setting .

Cheers

Des
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: desyboy on February 02, 2018, 09:46:49 AM
The 1987 does say “Brown” against the model in logbook
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: 1973/126 on February 02, 2018, 09:56:16 AM
 Those "moon disc" type were only fitted to the earlier cars. In order to fit them you would need to change your stub axles and hubs or get some adaptor plates.
 Another way would be to fit standard 12" wheels and get some chrome hub caps.

 Loads of them say brown on the log book, but they are not actually brown. It was just the way dvla registered them.

 The easiest way to put photos on is via an image hosting web site.

 This photo should answer more than one of your questions ;D
 (https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/EVnwsW.jpg) (https://imageshack.com/i/pnEVnwsWj)
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: desyboy on February 02, 2018, 11:37:48 AM
Hey , bootiful.... look at them !

I see what you are saying .... so I need a set of 12” steel rims with appropriate rubber and nice chrome hub caps ... got it .... anyone near East Anglia got a set ? Otherwise start trawling usual sites

Very informative. Grateful

Anyon

Des
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: midvillesb on February 02, 2018, 12:08:29 PM
A 1982 car will originally have had the same 12 inch wheels and hubcaps as the Brown in Ladislav’s photo (except that the wheels themselves would have been silver or light grey).  I’ve got a couple of spare new old stock wheels but no hubcaps I’m afraid...
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: Kent126 on February 08, 2018, 04:51:26 AM
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/e6badd99a7e634d95835439b25150a40.jpg)

These ones you mean from an early mk1 car?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 126 12” wheels c1970’s
Post by: desyboy on February 08, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
Yes .... look at that ... lovely!!