Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: Brighton_126 on October 24, 2017, 09:22:16 AM
-
Hi, I just wanted to know what the desierability of the last 500 fiat 126p's from the production lines. Are they very popular.
-
They are desirable but, as always, it would depend on condition. LHD is normally a limiting factor in the UK but I think a mint Happy End would go for a good price. Do you have one? It would be great to see some pictures. ;)
-
So what sort of price do you think a mint one would sell for?
-
Other people may have a different view but I think a mint Happy End that is close to the last that were produced would be worth in the region of £3,000 to a collector.
-
I agree with Bar Vitelli. The most important factor is the condition of the car and as he said maybe up to £3k if it was mint and UK registered.
I found the colour is also very important. I have not so long ago sold my really nice EL and I only had one person interested. They really wanted it because they liked the colour and the look of the car. BTW it sold for under £2k.
-
I think how you sell it will be a key factor as well. On eBay you may struggle to get to £2,000 from typical UK buyers who may be limited by it being LHD. If you can sell it privately to a collector or to a Polish buyer (given its strong historical links to Poland) then £3,000 does not sound impossible for a Happy End.
-
Ok thanks alot for your help
-
Hi, I just wanted to know what the desierability of the last 500 fiat 126p's from the production lines. Are they very popular.
Folks seem to have assumed you are selling, but you don't actually say that - maybe you're buying ? Maybe with a view to re-selling ? In any event, the remarks about the sales channel are very important. People who use Gumtree for instance generally have quite different aspirations (lower prices, local availability) from those who use Car & Classic (national and international horizons, broadly higher prices) with eBay somewhere in between. Then there are other sites such as Classic Cars for Sale and Preloved, and more niche sites such as Pistonheads and RetroRides, which tend to focus more in areas such as hot rods, hill climb specials and other niches. And after that you have the marque-centric forums, like Fiat for all Fiats, down to this Forum, specific for 126s. You are quite likely to get very different responses for the same vehicle from each site.
Paradoxically, selling on a car/marque specific Forum can be quite hard, because folks who like that marque and are keen enough to use the Forum probably already have the car they want and are not looking to replace it.