Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: Bar Vitelli on October 09, 2017, 05:52:37 PM

Title: Greenfly
Post by: Bar Vitelli on October 09, 2017, 05:52:37 PM
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C921629

Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Amateb8 on October 09, 2017, 09:12:57 PM
Yep, I saw that too. It is lovely as ever. They have taken off the plastic covering door panels and seats.
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: midvillesb on October 09, 2017, 10:25:08 PM
There's inflation for you... I wish I'd bought it for £3,000 when it was for sale in 2006!
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Bar Vitelli on October 09, 2017, 11:00:48 PM
I wish I'd bought it for £4400 when it was for sale in 2007!  ;D
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: 1973/126 on October 10, 2017, 07:52:11 AM
 The strange thing is that it is being sold by the same trader as a year or so ago. Not sure if it is just sitting in they showroom, or if they are using it, but I guess at that price it will take a while to sell.
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Gadge on October 10, 2017, 09:33:25 AM
Beautiful car :) not sure it’s woryh that price though. It’s no wonder that people get over optimistic when selling their 126s on eBay if this price is what they are doing their reserch on  ::)
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: drcdb15 on October 10, 2017, 11:50:59 PM
Well, as we've said before several times on this Forum, ASKING 13 grand and GETTING 13 grand are two entirely different things.

Maybe Chris Evans will buy it ?  :P
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on October 11, 2017, 12:56:23 PM
I met the owner and car a few years back when it still had  less than 10,000 miles on the clock. I remember at Stamford Hall AutoItalia him saying that he needed to sell the car to fund another restoration project. I told him at the time that he was bonkers when he told me the intended price. It was way too low in my opinion. You cannot apply the normal rules to such a unique car and I suggested somewhere between £4,000 plus at the time  :)
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Amateb8 on November 19, 2017, 02:22:11 PM
The thing is if one had the funds to by it at its current price, you would be reluctant to drive it. Buy it, then store it. Mileage and condition is everything.
Title: Re: Greenfly
Post by: Adey1970 on November 19, 2017, 08:41:23 PM
Is it just me or are some 126 asking prices completely bonkers? The fact that most of them have been on sale for months surely means no ones wants them for that price. There are also a lot classic 500s on sale for months and months and months. Yeah slow market but something is only worth what people will pay for it. Someone was asking £8k for a ver nice Bis recently but any 126 about over about £2.5k doesn't seem to sell at all no matter what condition it's in.