Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Xylaquin on October 02, 2017, 12:54:39 PM

Title: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Xylaquin on October 02, 2017, 12:54:39 PM
I'm just looking for something to shove in my BIS for the time being before rewiring it.
Currently it has what I presume is the stock wiring, just a 12V in/no switched ignition wire.

So does anyone have an old radio which is turned on using a button/switch/knob on that radio itself, rather than the ignition of the car?
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on October 02, 2017, 06:16:42 PM
I still have the original Blaupunkt stereo radio/cassette player that was fitted to the 1989 Bis that I bought brand new. Also have the matching speakers and all the wires. I removed it from the car when I traded it in before it was 3 years old. It has been wrapped up in my garage for 25 years.
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Xylaquin on October 02, 2017, 08:51:34 PM
 yikes Rusty, how much is that worth! It's been sitting in your garage nearly as long as I've existed... wouldn't be surprised if the tape mechanism requires some WD40  ::)
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Amateb8 on October 14, 2017, 09:00:30 AM
I think I've got an old Philips radio cassette. I took out off my 1983 Talbot before I scrapped it. I also have the speakers (incl covers). I'll have to look for it.
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on February 18, 2018, 09:03:39 AM
Back fro New Zealand and getting used to the cold weather. Located the radio in my garage yesterday if interested  :)
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Xylaquin on February 19, 2018, 06:45:10 AM
Excellent, can I get a pic and a price?  ;D
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on February 20, 2018, 11:53:11 AM
I need to test the unit to make sure that it all still works plus I need to locate the speakers. I do not want to sell a duff one. If you message me your email address I can send pics.
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: BILL126 on February 26, 2018, 01:23:23 PM
I would be very interested in an original radio for the Fiat 126 BIS such as the original Blaupunkt stereo radio/cassette player - does anyone have a working one please?
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: max on March 01, 2018, 11:23:08 PM
Hi Xylaquin,

I actually have a spare classic Blaupunkt car radio with a 3.5mm aux-in cable. I'm just not sure whether it actually works, as I've got no way to test it. I bought it from eBay for my 126 but never used it, as I would have pay someone quite a bit to install it and some speakers, so never went ahead with installing it.

This image is very similar to what it looks like
http://hans.vanpoppell.com/images/autoradio's/102_640x203.jpg

Let me know if you interested in it and we can work out a price.

What I did in the end was purchase a portable Bluetooth speaker, so I didn't have to install anything in the car. This Anker Core 2 speaker from Amazon sits nicely in my 126elx car stereo slot with a bit of blue tack to keep it in place. I can operate all the control buttons on top.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-24-Playing-IPX5-Water-resistant-Microphone/dp/B01MTB55WH/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519945377&sr=8-5&keywords=anker+bluetooth+speaker
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: Xylaquin on March 02, 2018, 08:07:58 AM
Thanks max, but Rusty sent me his spare one.

Can you hear the bluetooth speaker on the road? :P
Title: Re: Does anyone have an old radio?
Post by: BILL126 on March 02, 2018, 11:19:25 AM
Hi Max,
           i'm interested in the radio would like to buy but the price would have to reflect the risk if this ok with you