Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: Michal on August 19, 2017, 10:38:42 PM
-
Hi i bought a fiat 126 in poland but it has no headrests in the front or in the back ot also has old style seat belts which dont retract back and are loose i dont know if it will pass a mot or will i need to change it
Thanks in advance
-
What year is it?
-
86
-
But its a polish import
-
126s produced before April 81 only need belts in the front that restrain the upper part of the body,
126s produced between April 81 and April 87 need a 3 point belt in the front.
126s produced after April 87 need a 3 point belt in the front and at least lap-belts in the rear.
Head restraints don't seem to appear on the MOT manual. I wouldn't worry about it, I have a 88 UK model with no head restraints and it passes.
-
Thanks but do the seatbelts need to go back to the correct place like in the new cars as i have the old ones witch you need to hang up
-
I'm not 100% sure but I think you will be ok with front and rear lap belts however it wouldn't cost the earth to fit retractable ones.
-
Ok thanks
-
Thanks but do the seatbelts need to go back to the correct place like in the new cars as i have the old ones witch you need to hang up
According to the MOT manual, they don't need to.
-
Ok thanks
-
I also have another wuestion as i only have one wing mirror on the left will it pass a mot or do i need to have a right mirror
-
I believe you do need both mirrors. This (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/408211/Information_Sheet_Mirrors.pdf) seems to suggest you technically only need a passenger side mirror if your internal mirror gives you "an adequate view". But for the sake of the MOT, your visibility and the design of the car, I'd buy another mirror!
-
Yeah i think i will buy another mirror howether i would rather keep it as original as i can
-
I would try to keep just the one mirror to keep it original, but if it's LHD the mirror won't be much use driving in the UK! Although 2 mirrors weren't standard when the car was sold a lot of owners had them added when it became more common to have a set.
Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk