Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Bulkbogan on August 19, 2017, 09:30:47 PM

Title: RHD Lights
Post by: Bulkbogan on August 19, 2017, 09:30:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can get RHD lights?? They seem to be a myth and it's the last piece of the puzzle to get my 126 on the road. Any help is appreciated
Thank
Title: Re: RHD Lights
Post by: Gadge on August 20, 2017, 07:43:31 AM
Very very hard to find I'm afraid due to the fact that they stopped importing right hand drive models back in 92. New ones never turn up but second hand ones appear on eBay from time to time. If your in a fix though you can fit lefties with a beam patern deflector sticker on for use in the uk
Title: Re: RHD Lights
Post by: Bulkbogan on August 20, 2017, 11:49:11 AM
I guess this is my only option, the Mot guy said that he will not pass due to not having UK spec headlights but I guess I'll have to go to someone else, little bit more hassle but I guess that's what I got to do
Title: Re: RHD Lights
Post by: ChrisRLewis on August 20, 2017, 01:42:50 PM
The other option is to use your old RHD headlamp lenses in new LHD headlamps.
Title: Re: RHD Lights
Post by: Bulkbogan on August 21, 2017, 03:14:43 PM
The issue here is that it's a import which means I didn't get RHD lamps in the first place, I'm going to go ahead and try possibly contact the company which made them to see if they could make some or if they have any left
Title: Re: RHD Lights
Post by: Bulkbogan on August 21, 2017, 07:55:07 PM
I think I have found something, is it true that the Austin Allegro has the same headlamps??? I have found these and they seem to look like they would fit but im not 100% sure. Could anyone confirm this??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-ALLEGRO-HEADLAMP-LIGHT-UNIT/301541899865?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6fc9fe9f487d48a790d78ba754c2ef5d%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D301541899865&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%253Af647169e-86a1-11e7-98a7-74dbd180dc33%257Cparentrq%253A06241d6815e0abc1f85906e8fffe35e2%257Ciid%253A1