Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: Gadge on October 31, 2016, 06:25:24 AM

Title: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Gadge on October 31, 2016, 06:25:24 AM
I bought a pair of those rubber headlight surrounds that are popular in Eastern Europe but I am at a loss to how they fit on? They don't come with any fittings just two long tabs with holes in the end that extend outwards which look like they some home tuck behind the headlamp. I've tried just pushing them around the light thinking that just friction holds them in place but they don't fit well and seem to pop loose. Has anyone fitted these before that could Possibly give me a clue?
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Pete126 on October 31, 2016, 07:24:50 PM
The way i fitted mine was to use one nut and bolt on the inside, and tie wrapped the other side when i got the surround in the correct position around the headlight, if that makes sense ;)
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Bar Vitelli on October 31, 2016, 07:37:35 PM
I've got a set for sale if anyone is interested...gave up trying to fit mine!  :o
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Gadge on October 31, 2016, 07:52:59 PM
The way i fitted mine was to use one nut and bolt on the inside, and tie wrapped the other side when i got the surround in the correct position around the headlight, if that makes sense ;)

You mean use the tie wrap to link the two ends around the back of the head light?
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Pete126 on October 31, 2016, 08:14:46 PM
No fix the ones nearest the middle with little bad bolts and then tie wrap through the other hole when you get the position right 👌
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: little donkey on October 31, 2016, 11:14:41 PM
hi i fitted mine by bending one of the tabs on the surrounds the one witch is on the outside
you can then bolt to a hole inside the headlight hole
and once you have this in the right place you can then marked the other surround hole and drilled and bolt it to the car
hope this helps if it makes sence
Title: Re: Rubber headlight surrounds
Post by: Gadge on November 01, 2016, 06:18:12 AM
I did think about bolting them but was worried I wouldn't be able to get the head light back in. I'll have to give it another look