Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: shielsy on July 09, 2016, 12:51:22 AM
-
>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
-
Please explain?
-
Owen you are a naughty boy :o
I saw the time of day you posted that so you might have had a good night out then looked for a bit of Fiat enthralment and stimulation before you hit the sack. I know when I am at a loose end I might click on the forum to see if there is anything interesting going on. It is great when something new or exciting pops up and you personally have provided a lot of genuine interest on the forum with your projects. I think that the traffic on the forum varies unlike the bloody M25 so not only do you have contributions and observations from people from around the world but you also have enthusiasts from mid teens , pre driving age, to what you might describe as more "experienced" folk like myself ;D
If you think that this forum is dead then I think that some of the other Fiat related forums are pretty much like the Dead Sea Scrolls or are fossilised with intervals between posts sometimes happening after days if not weeks. I personally do not know of of any other Fiat 126 forums that have more interest than this one and are in English so I think that it is a case of love the one you're with.
Some people are 126 & 500 "lifers" and it is in their blood then others get the bug then quickly burn out like a bright star or often with engine replacements not so bright :$
In my 40+ years of classic cars and clubs that is totally normal behaviour but in the meantime I think that you have to give a little credit and respect to the forum administrators who keep this site going out of enthusiasm and for no personal gain.
We could get the forum defibrillator out and have a heated debate now :D
-
i only meant that its gone quite , is no one posting resto pics my favorite subject lol , i like this forum , and them on it
-
I think some activity has lapsed onto Facebook.
-
lol dont do face book
-
lol, lucky you. I think you're right though, I expected a few more posts during these summer weeks, but I guess everyone's got their 126 up and running... not needing restored.
-
I will be posting more about ours soon as it's getting taxed on tuesday and back on the road :yahoo: will only be general posts though as nothing needs doing, well not at the minute lol :)
-
put up other resto just to keep it floating and every one in good form lol
-
i dont think it has died ... what i think its people just got their 126s in good shape!! :)
-
I think considering how few of these cars are in the UK the traffic on the forum is pretty good.
Also I don`t post much as I`m busy fixing my 126 most of the time :P
-
I think some activity has lapsed onto Facebook.
why is there a fb page?
-
I'll have plenty of updates once the lazy MutherFudger who is supposed to be painting it gets his finger out!!!!! getting more than frustrated now!
-
I don`t think the FB page is directly related to this forum?
-
ah well i got everyone talking lol ;D
-
why is there a fb page?
I don`t think the FB page is directly related to this forum?
Yeah there's two Facebook pages. One is this forum's official page... people 'like' it and and Pete now and then adds a few things to it. The other one is more of a group page where anyone posts stuff, usually questions.
The other one was created by a guy named John, not sure if he's a member here. He's alright, there doesn't seem to be any kind of competition between the two pages. Although at first I did wonder why they don't merge the two, but then I guess there's a difference between being a 126 club member and a 126 owner?
-
The forum on Club126UK has been kept running because of the wealth of information that is available, which is approximately 11 years worth!
Hopefully the club forum will continue, that's if the interest remains. There are many other owners clubs who have scrapped their forum and now rely on social media instead, which I personally think is a step backwards.
-
I totally agree chris.
Yes i use social media groups but you cant better a forum, more sense of community.
Dont get me wrong I like social groups and post pictures on there and things but if i need help then i always post on the forum, plus its easier to search and find related posts and its nice to feel part of a group :beer:
-
..it really is a club here in that sense :)
plus its easier to search and find related posts
^ this
-
Maybe everyone found the 'search' button and stopped asking the same q's al over again ;D ;D
But seriously, this forum is one of the best around, I'm on Dutch, German, Italian, French and English forums and have to say this one is alive and kicking.
-
It's the best forum going! ;D
-
Got to agree the forum is the best for our little cars,always my first port of call when I need any information
There is some great topics and fantastic restorations and unlike a lot of forums newbies don't get a slating for asking basic questions or not using the search function
Personally I don't take pictures of every part I fit or post every time I do a job on my car but each as they say to there own
If I had to use Facebook that just wouldn't cut it for me and I wouldn't bother
So in my eyes the forum is still alive and a big thanks to all behind the scenes for running it and long may it continue
-
Just to put you guy's in the picture the reason why i started an official club126uk facebook page many years ago, was to direct traffic to our Forum, each week we get 20+ clicks re-directed to our Forum from the club page so its doing its job, quite a few new members found us first on FB,
The page itself contains no technical information or advise and only contains Photos most of which have been posted on this Forum over the past years.
-
I found this forum a few month ago, and I'm still thanking God everyday for it. I have never seen another 126 in real life than mine, except the previous one I owned :p. Since I'm on the forum I got motivated to start fixing my own little girl, with the information I could find here.
So: thanks to you all :-)
-
that s why we are all here , to help and explain and learn from each other ;D
-
Well, now that we're all in high spirits, why don't yous get yourself a tickets for retro rides so we can fill up our stand even more ;)
-
you guys want resto pics ?? in a few weeks you'll get them , im starting to repair the engine very soon :) !!
PS: This is the best forum for 126 owners! no doubt about that :D .. even though i live a few thousand miles away from most of the users , and the language its english != spanish :D
-
OK, Thanks for all of the positive feedback :)
Thread now closed..