Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: thepuddlejumper on May 03, 2016, 11:48:03 PM

Title: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on May 03, 2016, 11:48:03 PM
Hi all found this site with wide body kit and at £99 +£30 postage seems a good deal.

Ralph

http://unqshop.com/fiat-126p-polish-power-wide-arches-polish-power,f,11,number,660841
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: NathanMcM on August 09, 2016, 09:48:24 AM
Did you ever get round to buying these?
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on August 09, 2016, 11:46:57 AM
No, I bought mine from eBay they came from Croatia £145 + £26 post.  This kit does not fit well, don't know how good a fit the £99 kit is.  The £99 kit looks to give a wider width as well, my kit will only give an extra 20-25 mm wider per side.

My kit rears will fit with minor mods but the front need major surgery to fit.

Hope this helps.

Ralph
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: NathanMcM on August 10, 2016, 01:16:45 AM
Any pics of yours fitted?
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on August 12, 2016, 04:15:34 PM
I have some photos of the trial fit, these are on my iPad and I don't know how to reduce the size to allow posting on the site. I will have a go and get them up as soon as I get it figured out.

Ralph
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: Da Londo on August 16, 2016, 10:54:33 AM

Try flickr.com for pics upload.

I have some photos of the trial fit, these are on my iPad and I don't know how to reduce the size to allow posting on the site. I will have a go and get them up as soon as I get it figured out.

Ralph
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on August 17, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
Loaded photos to photobucket but can't seem to get the photos on here

Ralph

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zpsk6vyrets.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zpsk6vyrets.jpeg.html)

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zpshjivpf5l.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zpshjivpf5l.jpeg.html)

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zpsevwlyy9l.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zpsevwlyy9l.jpeg.html)

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zps9cs5jayp.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zps9cs5jayp.jpeg.html)

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zpsl7fbyfz3.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zpsl7fbyfz3.jpeg.html)

(http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad248/GAMINE500/126%20Wide%20Body/th_image_zpsgnlhsxwr.jpeg) (http://s940.photobucket.com/user/GAMINE500/media/126%20Wide%20Body/image_zpsgnlhsxwr.jpeg.html)




Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on August 26, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
I contacted the supplier and asked for detailed instructions to fit the new wings as it appeared they did not fit and would require large areas of the front wing removed to fit. His reply, the units fit good as they are taken off an original car, he also confirmed sections of the front wings need to be removed to allow fitment as they are intended to allow fitment of larger wheels and tyres.  I still think even taking his reply into consideration they will still require a lot of work to fit. Has anyone else fitted these?

Ralph
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: Gadge on August 26, 2016, 07:18:05 PM
What sections will need to be removed then to fit these?
Title: Re: Wide body kit
Post by: thepuddlejumper on August 27, 2016, 06:19:05 PM
Gadge, I think most of the rim will require to be removed with approx 50mm removed for the front 300mm, this is both inner and outer wings.  The recess that runs along the length of the car looks to be out over the new wing, it might fit if this is removed from the original Insitu wing. I am at the start of building a garage, well can't find any local builders interested in taking on the job, so this mod is on hold for the time being. It looks as if the new wing is the same dimensions and shape as the existing, not a tad larger to fit over the insitu wing.

Ralph