Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: drcdb15 on May 01, 2016, 09:44:09 PM
-
As we say farewell to April and welcome May (and hopefully some warmer weather though on the basis of "summer" so far I'm not holding my breath) I turn to my Club 126 calendar to turn the page, and say farewell too to Smallcox's yellow 126...
Which made me think, that's actually a *very* smart looking car... so I've been reading around the Forum trying to find out exactly what it's all about... thus far I've found it's a Bis, and it's yellow, and it looks like it's got some body kit or other, and some rather tasty wheels, and it's been supercharged... but that's all.
Is there a thread somewhere I've missed giving all the technical details? Are there more photos of it? What other performance mods have been made? What's the performance compared to stock? Does Smallcox (can I say "Steve"? Smallcox seems a tad impersonal) still have the car? What has been done to the interior, is that yellow too?
Oh, so many questions.... can anybody enlighten me ?
Thanks
Chris
-
Hi Chris, it's an aircooled which has been upgraded to 700cc. Customised Head, Camshaft and Valves, Turbo with inter cooler, Water injection and a five speed gearbox conversion producing around 100 BHP. The body is all metal this was done by buying a standard set of panels and pining them onto the 126 shell extending them out by 3 inches and then putting a 6 inch strip in the centre of the bonnet. The wheels were also specially made with the correct offset to fill the arches + many more little modifications.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Oh, is that all ?
And there was me thinking it was something special ... :P
Seriously... ouch! that's a VERY attractive car! I dread to think of the costs involved, never mind the hours of labour. But on the Forum elsewhere it's described as a supercharged Bis, so someone (currently spraying a front panel, no names mentioned, nudge nadge...) has misinformed me ;)
Anyway, all credit to Smallcox on a superb machine, and I hope you are all enthusiastically using your Club calendar ... ?
... yes ?
A rather dull, boring 126 from Europe features in May I see, probably the standard model for Italian rush-hour commuters...
-
I know someone on here is supercharging a bis, but I can't remember who.
-
Mine's supercharged.