Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: Fat650 on April 30, 2016, 04:33:00 PM
-
Hi all,
Not sure if anyone here will be interested but i'm getting a gear set made for my standard box that will be good for up to 300hp atw. wondering if anyone else would want a set as well? At this stage i don't have prices but hope to have an idea in the next 4-5 months as i still have a few other pieces that need to be made first like my LSD ;D
-
if you find a fairly cheap lsd that we can get in England do tell us because I have been looking for a while on and off and not found anything. luckily for me my aircooled 126 has a very tight diff and acts like a lsd.
-
Here is a place that you guys can get stuff from:
http://www.bacciromano.com/?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=25&cat2=79&mar=4&pcd=#4487
I asked the guy how much power their stuff takes and he said 100hp no worries. Not sure if its within everyones' price range though....?
-
Hi all,
Not sure if anyone here will be interested but i'm getting a gear set made for my standard box that will be good for up to 300hp atw. wondering if anyone else would want a set as well? At this stage i don't have prices but hope to have an idea in the next 4-5 months as i still have a few other pieces that need to be made first like my LSD ;D
I would love to hear about how you get on with this, the internals are one thing and can be machined from scratch in much stronger materials and then treated for even more strength but how are you going to beef up the gearbox casings, I have seen them fail with a lot less than 300hp running through them.
-
I would love to hear about how you get on with this, the internals are one thing and can be machined from scratch in much stronger materials and then treated for even more strength but how are you going to beef up the gearbox casings, I have seen them fail with a lot less than 300hp running through them.
Ok...so I've got good and bad news. I can get the diff and gear set made but the Achilles heal of the standard box is the pinion gear :( The box isn't big enough to use a larger one or at least one big enough for what i need.
So for now its back to the drawing board...
I have another option I'm looking into atm so i'll keep you posted. I'm not going to let this spead hump spoil the dream ;D