Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: dadandlad on March 12, 2016, 07:27:31 PM

Title: First drive
Post by: dadandlad on March 12, 2016, 07:27:31 PM
I had my first drive of the Bis today down the street and back
What did I think ?

Bloody awful

She isn't quite finished yet so will get her complete and through MOT and then I have some serious thinking to do as to wether I keep her or not  :(
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Xylaquin on March 12, 2016, 08:46:42 PM
I'm not surprised since the car has been "run-in" per se and you only went a short distance; but what was so bad about it?
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Gadge on March 12, 2016, 09:02:25 PM
Why so sad? You weren't expecting a Rolls Royce ride quality with superior road holding were you?
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: mintex on March 12, 2016, 09:27:51 PM
What was so bad about it bud  :(

When i drive my bis it always makes me smile  ;D
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Gadge on March 12, 2016, 09:52:19 PM
Me too :D ok it's noisey and everyone looks at you but it fills me with joy :)
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: dadandlad on March 13, 2016, 07:29:34 AM
I really don't know what I was expecting but I do need to put some miles in to get a proper feel for her
Noisy,bouncy,strange driving position
I did have a big grin on my face so not all bad
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Gadge on March 13, 2016, 09:28:02 AM
Noisey, bouncey strange position .......yeah that's pretty much normal I'm afraid  ::)
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Bar Vitelli on March 13, 2016, 10:45:29 AM
Sounds like we need to get you out on a convoy this summer, Mark, once all our cars are back on the road...it will grow on you!  ;D
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Scarlettkitten on March 13, 2016, 06:19:58 PM
Noisey, bouncey strange position .......yeah that's pretty much normal I'm afraid  ::)

yep that's spot on :D
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: dadandlad on March 13, 2016, 06:35:38 PM
  ;D ;D ;D
I thought as much and I am sure she will grow on me
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: skoda_norman on March 14, 2016, 07:57:48 PM
Sounds like you want a Ford Focus ;) Old cars are supposed to be rubbish, that is what makes them so much fun and addictive. It is a unique driving experience.
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: Early126 on March 16, 2016, 04:22:28 PM
Sounds like we need to get you out on a convoy this summer, Mark, once all our cars are back on the road...it will grow on you!  ;D

Convoy sounds like a giggle ! Where n when?
Title: Re: First drive
Post by: mintex on March 16, 2016, 06:15:29 PM
Id like to join in a convoy but depends where as im in wrexham