Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: liladams1 on March 09, 2016, 04:20:40 PM
-
Hello guys i am 19 years old currently have a 125 scooter however i want to swap to a 4 wheeler. I have a provisional at the moment however I will go to have a test in the next 4 weeks, so finding a fiat 126 for cheap is rare per ebay, found a project car which ends in 4 days or I could import from Hungary where I am from originally
My scooter a Gilera runner 125 i also imported however with a car i dont know if i have to change anything or pay tax ( bike was for free)
and if I pass my test how can i insure it? checked insurance with footjames and couldnt give me a quote i rang them they said my license is not being held for 1 year
( i put as 1 months) so my question is, can a fiat 126 be a good first car and also affordable and how and with who i can insure it?
-
Sadly getting insurance for people in your position is not "user friendly" in the UK, so be prepared to make a lot of phone calls. Your situation has been faced by many others on this Forum - young, no UK driving history, unusual car, old car, imported car etc. - so I am sure you will find lots of helpful support and specific advice from those who have faced and overcome the same challenges. Converting KPH speedos springs to mind ;D
For my contribution, I point you to this thread: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9886.msg73269#msg73269 where you will find a list of insurance companies to call. You also need to add to the list Lancaster. Don't forget to mention Club126UK - you are a member now, and this helps to reassure insurance firms that you are serious about your cars.
Also have a read through this thread: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10160.0
It starts about a car for sale, but the reason it's for sale is the owner cannot get insurance at a fair price. So there is a lot of discussion and advice about how to solve this problem.
Oh, and lastly (but most importantly!!)....... :welcome
-
126 is a great car!! super cheap to run and maintain.. park anywhere :)
as for insurance.. not sure of UK rates but if you are young with little driving experience - why not insure and plate the car back in HU if you can? i'm thinking they have much cheaper road fees etc
-
What year is your gilera runner? What are you going to do with your scooter when you get your 126?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.