Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: jan g on October 29, 2015, 05:06:22 PM

Title: 126 bis 704cc gearbowx shafts
Post by: jan g on October 29, 2015, 05:06:22 PM
hi new to this club
my name is paul and i am having problems obtaining parts for the gearbox on our 1991 fiat bis 704cc can any body help
the parts are the main shaft
Title: Re: 126 bis 704cc gearbowx shafts
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on October 29, 2015, 05:37:50 PM
Hi paul you can't just replace the gearbox main shaft as it includes the pinion which has to be matched to the crown wheel as a pair otherwise the differential may tear itself apart. You are probably better off looking for a complete gearbox.. Good luck.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 126 bis 704cc gearbowx shafts
Post by: Gadge on October 29, 2015, 08:02:56 PM
New crown wheel and matching pinion shafts are available should you want to do the job yourself - I've never replaced one myself but once replaced I know it'll need setting up with a clock gauge.

http://webshop.fiat500126.com/katalog/artikelinfo/1793/axle-drive-_-bevel-gear-8_39

There is also a premium version priced at €96
Title: Re: 126 bis 704cc gearbowx shafts
Post by: gammakeith on October 30, 2015, 07:10:23 AM
I recently rebuilt my "spare" gearbox so I am willing to sell the original if you are struggling to source parts through other means.  The main shaft/pinion are in good condition.

Keith