Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Tuning & Customising 126 Models => Topic started by: Rifart on October 11, 2015, 08:46:54 AM
-
Hi gentlemen,
It is well known and a very common thing for BIS models that thermostat, which is located on the bottom side of the engine, stuck due to excessive debris accumulated and resulting a overheat....
I remember some previous topics for thermostat relocation(to top of the engine) for BIS models but right now I couldn't find any source for part supply since given links are not working these days.
Anyone can help me about this issue ?
-
The only people who sold the the kit was Ricambio UK but they have been discontinued, TBH if you flush the system out every 2/3 years and fill with antifreeze with a rust inhibitor you shouldn't have a problem, most of the problems are caused by neglect ;)
-
Thanks indeed for the reply. Since all the guys around me had head gasket problems resulted from thermostat, I just think of using thermostat with lots of doubts in mind.... That's why I just consider to use it once it would be relocated upside of the engine...
Any kind of further support is appreciated in advance....
-
most people who havent got the kit just take the thermostat out- its a tiny engine so its not like it takes long to heat up...I took mine out and never had an issue...
-
I did so and have been using the car till now without thermostat. But once it comes to the winter time, it gets around 8-10 minutes to get the engine warmed up, that's why both for "late heating" and "wearing of engine" issues, I considered that modification on the future plan.
Just seeking for the part...
-
Hi rifart you maybe in luck. Here is one of those thermostats you seek. It was used on my old engine and is for sale if you are (or anybody else for that matter) are interested. The reason I don't use this on my new engine is that I now run it on waterless coolant without any thermostat in it so I never carried over as was t needed anymore. It is a used item but has only seen about 2000 miles at the most. I bought it many years ago for around £80 iirc brand new and have never seen one since. It comes with the temp sensor and you won't be able to use your top hose so a modified one is used instead which I have also. It bolts on using the original bolts. PM me if you are interested :)
(http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/gadge1/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/3EEC2CCD-2ADA-4067-B21F-073BAB659612_zpstnsq0vcp.jpg) (http://s122.photobucket.com/user/gadge1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/3EEC2CCD-2ADA-4067-B21F-073BAB659612_zpstnsq0vcp.jpg.html)
-
Dear Gadge,
I sent PM to you, please just check and advise