Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: Piotross on October 08, 2015, 05:41:50 PM

Title: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Piotross on October 08, 2015, 05:41:50 PM
Hello,

I would like to offer a original rare Bambino engine for Fiat 126. It was in stock in my garage nearly 25 years. There is oil inside so crankshaft rotates without problems. Generally engine for inspection.

I have a original document of engine from Germany- purchase invoice

(http://iv.pl/images/56210955084918938626_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=56210955084918938626.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/99699414754396869986_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=99699414754396869986.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/58452372727483673697_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=58452372727483673697.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/77635572165194792024_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=77635572165194792024.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/06106188559465520506_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=06106188559465520506.jpg) (http://iv.pl/images/85691153176701468477_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=85691153176701468477.jpg)
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Guapito on October 13, 2015, 08:26:36 PM
Hi, is this the early 126 air cooled engine? If so is it a 594cc or the 652cc? Thanks
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Piotross on October 13, 2015, 09:20:07 PM
Yes, this is the early 126 air cooled engine designed for the german market (square cylinder of head, different thermostat, different blower cover, Magneti Marelli alternator).  Engine 652 cc
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Guapito on October 13, 2015, 11:20:51 PM
Awesome, what kind of price are you looking for?
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Guapito on October 14, 2015, 08:43:55 AM
or message me with more info. Thanks
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: drcdb15 on October 14, 2015, 08:46:20 PM
Yes, this is the early 126 air cooled engine designed for the german market (square cylinder of head, different thermostat, different blower cover, Magneti Marelli alternator).  Engine 652 cc

Sorry, this is a bit of a thread hi-jack, but why did Fiat make a different engine for Germany? I've never heard of any of the engines being different for a particular country. Was it to meet a local legislation requirement, or do Germans drive their 126s differently from the rest of us? Prolonged high speed on the unrestricted autobahns, perhaps ? 8)
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Piotross on October 14, 2015, 09:12:06 PM
Apparently the Germans had their own requirements. These engines were manufactured until 1982. They are very rare to buy.
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: 1973/126 on October 14, 2015, 09:44:45 PM
 This design was because the Germans didn`t want the fumes from round the whole engine go inside the cabin. The warm air only pushes through pass the cylinder head.
 These engines are ideal for the Panda 30 cylinder head conversion as the German Bambino engine has a square head, shorter push rod tubes and it`s almost a straight swap.
 They are pretty rare. I have one sitting in my garage though ;D
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: drcdb15 on October 17, 2015, 12:56:44 AM
  I have one sitting in my garage though ;D

Well of course you do, your Tardis-like garage seems to house examples of every 126 related variant known to man!!

Seriously, I'm surprised, given that the 126 wasn't Fiat's most prolific selling model, that the size of the German market was big enough to warrant all the extra design and production tooling costs to make a special version.

OR... given that they did make that investment, why not then roll it out over all markets, so as to improve the environmental credentials of the marque?

Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Kent126 on October 20, 2015, 01:17:11 PM
I used to have one sitting in my garage lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: 124cso on October 30, 2015, 09:49:02 AM
I do not see that anyone has mentioned a price as yet. I could be in the market for it ???
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: drcdb15 on October 30, 2015, 06:09:49 PM
I do not see that anyone has mentioned a price as yet. I could be in the market for it ???

If you're prepared to pay the cost of shipping an engine from Poland to New Zealand I think the price of the engine itself will be the least of your worries !!  :(
Title: Re: Bambino engine Fiat 126
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on October 30, 2015, 07:12:45 PM
I do not see that anyone has mentioned a price as yet. I could be in the market for it ???

If you're prepared to pay the cost of shipping an engine from Poland to New Zealand I think the price of the engine itself will be the least of your worries !!  :(

As only 97 Fiat 126 Nikis were ever officially imported into New Zealand surviving cars and 650 engines are a bit of a rarity there. I will be keeping an eye out though when I get back there next week  :)