Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Joe Webb on September 23, 2015, 06:57:41 PM

Title: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
Post by: Joe Webb on September 23, 2015, 06:57:41 PM
Finally got my fiat on the road and during maintenance discovered that my oil filter system is missing the thrower!
If anyone has any junk engines please could you sell me the thrower and the deflector?
I'll take the 32mm nut as well, mines a bit nicked

Was supposed to be driving up to Bristol on Friday so the sooner the better

Also is 10w40 too thin for the engine?

Many thanks
Joe

Title: Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
Post by: DeVilleChris on September 23, 2015, 07:46:28 PM
I dont have the part unfortunately but the oil I use, and I know a few others use, is 15w40.

Good luck finding the part!
Title: Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
Post by: Joe Webb on September 23, 2015, 09:03:17 PM
Ok no worries, thanks!
I'm having trouble finding decent 15w40 in the shops :/
I'll get some cheap stuff and put decent oil in when I fix the filter

Cheers!
Title: Re: NEEDED! - Oil filter parts!
Post by: Joe Webb on September 24, 2015, 11:53:15 AM
Oops, just found out that the air-cooled has no oil thrower!  :$

Panic over!

cheers!