Author Topic: new girl  (Read 5701 times)

Blonde126

Re: new girl
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »
It's very much up to you what you do with your car, but yes it is extremely rare :)

Again with the chrome bumpers it's up to you, I think they'd look great, in fact I'm unsure if there's any colour chrome doesn't suit?!

GTMaster

• Na most a tuti- tuti- tuti
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
Welcome!  :)

The silver/black and red/brown models are rare (very rare) so if you keep it stock then in a few years in good condition it may be worth a bit...

Enjoy it (important to take care of the rust first though...  ;D)
"One more drink, Lacikám?"

All about car restoration can be found in the song
"Got my mind set on you" by George Harrison...

f40fanatic

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »
heya, welcome, i know just how you feel, im 18 and my 126 is my one and only car, my pride and joy, you get the haters, i got one, drove past in a terrible halfords ram raided peugeot 206 shouting ''ur cars s**t'' i could only laugh at his excuse for a car anyway....... youll get plenty of people looking and trust me, many more lovers than haters of the 126, turns heads wherever they go.....
Have fun!!
Dave..

markymarc

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
They may laugh, they may admire, but either way they will look!!

marc

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
Welcome.

On my way back from flying the other day I got out the Passat and wondered up past the 126 to the house, where some lads were walking past laughing and commenting on the 126.

One of their comments was 'who the hell would want that' to which I commented 'who the hell cares what a snotty nosed teenage dirt bag thinks'

I know, I shouldn't ..

Anyhow welcome, popular thread must be girls about  :P
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

nathan126

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »
Ahah! abuse, i loved it when i had mine  ;D

'hahaha oi mate your car is fffing ridiculous bruv'

They're in a chav'd 306 hdi.

'yeah nearly as ridiculous as yours, the engine's in completely the wrong place and stinks of chips'
I had fun  ;D  but now i own cars with engines in the wrong place! Glad they dont stink of chip fat though  ;) 
new email address: [email protected]

thomaleena

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »
nice stories people :D

iv noticed recently more people being polite and making good comments.
i think every1 in hull has got use to me driving around in it now :D

also noticed other road drivers have been extra nice maybe because they think the car might blow up or that there is a little red haired teenage girl driver and they dont want me to crash into them.  what ever it is iv yet to have any trouble on the road !

thoma xx

ciaoflyer

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
Welcome, your car is very rare so keep it original.  I had the chance to buy one of these SILVER special editions with very low mileage just left in a garage but alas I could not afford the £7000 price tag! :o
Ciao4Now

thomaleena

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »

dont worri decided gonna keep original although think my dad might already got me chrome bumpers for christmas, sopose can always keep originals to sell with car, if i ever dell him. 

£7000! that a bit high mine had about 25400 miles on the clock and it only cost me £462 :D

thomax

ciaoflyer

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »

dont worri decided gonna keep original although think my dad might already got me chrome bumpers for christmas, sopose can always keep originals to sell with car, if i ever dell him. 

£7000! that a bit high mine had about 25400 miles on the clock and it only cost me £462 :D

thomax

It only had 3000 miles and was like the day it came out the factory!  I offered him £3000 but no avail!  I think it was overpriced but he said he had interest.
Ciao4Now

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 07:16:49 AM »
I have owned my 126 Bis for almost 4 years now and I have yet to experience a negative response from the public. Mostly, people are indifferent (which is good for my part) but the car definitely attracts attention, smiles and the thumbs up. I had a situation where I had to stop, as one does, to let people cross the pedestrian crossing. Oddly, the pedestrians stopped and hand signalled me to go ahead, and I did, despite my insistence for them to cross.

My friends think I am absolute bonkers for buying one. Little do they know, I have another 126!!  Bottomline, I just love the car and just enjoy driving it and as Bis13 alluded to, a bit mad as well for owning one.