Author Topic: Hi from new member in Staffordshire UK  (Read 5364 times)

green-fly

Re: Hi from new member in Staffordshire UK
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
Ps...Paul, have you got an eBay account, ? ..just seen a great period advert for a black special just listed an hour ago..get a bid in there! think its a ten day auction, will win it for you if you like it and haven't got an account! ;o)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
When I said I had the strips I meant the normal black/dark grey type but I mentioned them as they could be painted rather than paint the rare light grey ones and yes green-fly I have got all sorts of bits & bobs in my shed , loft & garage  :)

bis13

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
the side strips on the specials are the same type as the deville versions and are far more robust than the later editions also the fitting is different as the early side stips are connected solely by screws through the doors where as the later side strips have a bolt securing them at the centre and holes cut into the doors to allow them to slot into so all in all a pain to make them fit pus the earlier side strips sit higher on the door than the later type, and before you say it rusty i know i should have an anorak on as i type.............

westfieldman

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 11:02:26 PM »
Quick question;

Do you have to remove the trailing arms to change the rear shock absorbers - or is there a "short cut"??

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »
The rear shocks/dampers can be removed by undoing the top nut in the cab under the rear seat and the lower nut on the underside of the trailing arm. Comperss the shocker and it can be passed through a hole next to the bottom fixing point. Fitment is the reverse.

Ralph