Author Topic: What is she worth?  (Read 1664 times)

samdavies97

What is she worth?
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:28:13 AM »
Hi Guys

Curious to know what I can get for Beatrice! As I’m very reluctant to sell her but I’m interested in something with more suited for long distances. And don’t have space to garage another car. She’s been an absolute dream since I’ve owned her and I’ve had many memories.

She’s covered 9,680 miles since new and I have alot of good documentation to cover it. She’s been garage kept all her life and the condition can speak for that. Its superb for its age but has some marks here and there from storage. I bought her to have fun with on a Sunday and learn abit from doing work on her etc. I’ve been returning/replacing as much as I can whilst trying to keep her original at the same time and I’m a detailing freak so I like everything to be as clean as possible!. Whether this has lowered its value as when I got it, it was completely original. I’ve spent nearly £6,000 on her which a lot will say is overboard but it’s something I enjoyed doing and no expense was spared.

The work I’ve done to her consists of;
Sandblasted and powder coated all 5 wheels
5 new tyres (original tyres were cracking)
Front Disc Brake conversion from Ricambio (original front drums and shocks etc kept)
20mm spacers on all four
Front leaf spring
Leaf Spring Mounts
Front shocks (originals kept)
Stainless Steel Braided brake lines
New Weber 28 Carb also got a refurbed original one spare
Spark Plugs
HT Leads
Electronic Ignition
Full Engine Rebuild (Gaskets, Seals, Bearings, Piston rings etc)
Oil
Exhaust
Battery
Alternator (Original Kept)
Have a spare interior black carpet (brand new)
Sump
Inner and Outer Tie Rods
Fuel pump
Inline fuel filter
Fuel lines
Engine covers sandblasted and powder coated
Earthing strap
Rear brake cylinders
Rear brake shoes and drums

There is probably a lot more to note but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Interior is immaculate and no rips etc and is completely original.
Things I was planning to do next was replacing the silver window trims which I have new. Restoring all the back end (drivetrain, gearbox and suspension). I also have many spare parts kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
Re: What is she worth?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »
Wow she's a beautiful girl! :o
Very hard to value to be honest because with that mileage it's a very rare car, you'll probably be able to ask for over £6-8k easily (UK car, immaculate brown interior, looks VERY clean and obviously the mileage!) if there's any collectors looking for one they'd probably snap your arm off at that price too!
At the end of the day it's only worth what someone will pay, but best of luck with the sale, and I hope she goes to a good new owner! Don't let her go for pennies though because you'll never be able to find, let alone buy another one like her! :D

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.

samdavies97

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 12:54:01 AM »
Wow she's a beautiful girl! :o
Very hard to value to be honest because with that mileage it's a very rare car, you'll probably be able to ask for over £6-8k easily (UK car, immaculate brown interior, looks VERY clean and obviously the mileage!) if there's any collectors looking for one they'd probably snap your arm off at that price too!
At the end of the day it's only worth what someone will pay, but best of luck with the sale, and I hope she goes to a good new owner! Don't let her go for pennies though because you'll never be able to find, let alone buy another one like her! :D

Thanks for that, I’m not going to lie I wasn’t expecting anyone to say that.

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 01:00:33 AM »

Thanks for that, I’m not going to lie I wasn’t expecting anyone to say that.

Definitely one of those cars I think everyone on this forum wishes they could own/buy- If you're ever in the market for a kidney I'll trade you quite happily  ;)

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.