Author Topic: one weeks ownership  (Read 1306 times)

126fan

one weeks ownership
« on: October 07, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
well its been a week of ownership now and ive managed to get out for a run with the sunroof open zipping around the town centre and the voxson playing from the one speaker!!!!
ive gradually been doing the little jobs that needed doing most of them have been cosmetic that could have been lived with but where annoying me!!!!

i have.........
touched up a few stone chips
touched up the bumper screws
fitted yellow screw caps to the rear number plate
fitted white screw caps to front number plate
fitted an alarm
t cutted the whole car and waxed
cleaned the sunroof with vinyl cleaner
took all the rear light lense off and cleaned the as they were filthy inside
new plugs/oil
fitted a digital clock
fitted locking engine cover

the cars now shining like a new pin and with very little effort too!!!! he does have the odd little patch of surface rust by the sunroof but nothing major that won\'t wait till summer time.and the rear seat back rest is faded at the top edge so could do with replacing sometime,if anyone knows where there is a brown seat going give me a shot.
all in all hes in very good shape to say hes nearly 30yrs old and im very pleased with him he even has a zippy airfreshner!!!!!
i dont plan on doing too much to detract from the original features and hope to keep him as near to original as can be.

im very pleased that i have found one in such great condition however im a little bit dissapointed that there wasnt much to do as i have no reason to go into the garage to fiddle around!!!!!!!  just as well my washing machines in the garage as i have an awful lot of laundry to do LOL.

being in the north east of england perhaps theres a few people would like a mni meet before winter time?

lastly i would just like to thank chris for a great site and for all his help.

fiatfsm

one weeks ownership
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:41:27 AM »
you want stuff to do eh? you really should get underneath the car and check everywhere for rust. If you intend using it in wet weather and when the salt is on our roads then I would even remove the old underseal and re apply new underseal, first painting the underside with bonda primer and smoothrite. Its a filthy job, but will preserve the car. Then, inject wax into all the cavities as well. Youll be amazed at just how much you can do if you look hard enough. :lol:
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!