Author Topic: 126 Bambino  (Read 4556 times)

Derek

126 Bambino
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
I didn't know about these late 126's. Very nice though I personally don't like the modern Cinquecento dash. I imagine it will fetch a high price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280552031246&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1973/126

Re: 126 Bambino
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
 This is not an original Bambino. It is a late 126 ELX model made in Poland. Apparently they do lots of these modified cars in Italy. Wondering about the claims about the bigger valves, carb and upgraded suspension ???
 The other one looking like this, in white made slightly over £2k on eBay.
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
Could be a case of "All that glitters is not Gold"  :oops:
Lots of bolt on goodies but could be a lot of gloss over some classic Polish engineering. No pictures of the underside or the engine bay. The guy has a good eBay rating & if you look at his feedback he must deal in motors (mainly VW) as he has bought & sold about 10 in the last 90 days. The Bambino was the name given to the German 126s & it ain't one of those as has already been pointed out. Bambina was the name given to the Fiat 500s that were assembled in New Zealand. I have a 126 Bambino head that was mis-sold to me as a Panda 30 head . The valve sizes & all the ports are exactly the same as a standard 652 ccs air cooled. I was told by someone in the know that the Germans like to switch the Bambino set up to the Standard less restricted 652 unit especialy if they are thinking about tuning.
As for speed , the much earlier 1970's 594 ccs Fiat 500R would top 100 kph in standard form. Modified brakes ? ? ? Have a look through the alloy wheels for heavens sake  >:( Before you part with any serious wedge I would have a good look at this one  [-/

Jan-in-UK

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »
I spoke to the guy last time when he had this one on Ebay (was over £3000 then but i think was some dodgy bidding) and he seemd do not care it isn't real bambino. He was full of s**t.
Such a thing as Fiat 126p will never happen again to this planet... Love it.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »
I asked about engine pics and was told his camera is not working and he knows nothing about technical things. :-

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
He must be a dealer then as he knows nothing about tech things  :oops2:
Does not bode well for any of his motors then </8

bis13

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
complain to ebay that the description is misleading or bombard him with techy anorak spec facts and see if it drives him bonkers! [-/

Jan-in-UK

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
I am on the case  :salute: few months ago he couldn't send pictures as well - the same reason. Trading must have been bad lately if he cannot afford new camera :D
Such a thing as Fiat 126p will never happen again to this planet... Love it.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
I have now had a reply that the car is a 100% original Bambino.

Made by Bambino car company, that the seller has close contact with.

But the car is a Polish made 126 that spent lots of time in Italy then exported to the UK and the modifications carried out.

So we are wrong its a real Polish 126, made by the Bambino car company, converted into a Bambino rare car in the Uk, but no questions about technical things but it is very rare.

Now we know, budding at the moment over £1500,

Jan you should have listed your LHD one as rare Bambino it would have sold for a fortune ;D

126bambiNOT

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
 This is the reply to my question about the car mentioned above from the seller.

"thanks but that is mostly wrong. the bambino was built in england by Bambino cars ltd it has a certificate of build. everyone on the forum is referring to the bambino italy etc this is a uk based company. They only build 12 cars in the last 12 months and are very exclusive being sold by sotheby's auction house."

No comments :)

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
I'm not bothered.

I thought all of you lot had 126's already? What? You after more???

A 126 is a 126 regardless of how much pretty stuff is on it :P Personally I think that paint job will draw too much attention from undesireables, not that a standard 126 doesn't..

It'll not get to anywhere near the prices people pay for 500's  :P

I'm going to come-up with a story about the exclusivity of mine... auctioned ..HA! Mine is going to comissioned!! By someone important!...Ghandi maybe... :P Authentic holy cow dents in the sides! :P :P
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

gsxr126

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 11:13:32 PM »
I think Paul Hogan owned mine before he started playing with knives. :D
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »
Kylie Minogue got a lift in mine the other day to the pub :oops:

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
Latest quote from the seller:

Just to point out the advert only states "THIS LITTLE ITALIAN ESPRESSO SIZED MOTOR IS RARE IN THE UK" it simply says the car is small like an italian espresso, it does not state that it is italian, you say misleading, i say  bravo, £1500 profit in every car is not to be sniffed at and everyone who has bought them loves them, not one complaint.

I have to add, the polish models were not a "copy" they are built under licence and are often better built that italian cars

please feel free to research me or the BCC ltd, personally  I think these cars are nothng but complete horrors, im happy to make money out of mugs who want to own them but can people really be into cars this small and horrid to drive? the 500 was awful, then the 126 was awful and now the 500 isnt much better, great for young girls for a fashion accessory but men who drive them really make me wonder.

And just to make clear, real enthusiasts hate forums thay are just dumping grounds for fools who own nothing and know nothing.

Adam. Tovh ltd

I think I will pass on the car personally :-)
I only asked if the car was Italian on Polish,

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »
Ha Ha, silly plank's been reading this forum and now resorts to insults LOL
Love this replying indirectly  :P
I'm with you guys on this one, he's got something to hide about this 'Bambino' and he's right some poor mug will end-up buying it!

Maybe Bodged Car Company or Adam. Tovh ltd, when he makes his mind-up which one, shouldn't be so quick to put into disrepute the forum as no doubt the buyer will be on here soon...

As for making him wonder about guys who drive them... well, I'm completely at ease with myself, don't need a large vehicle to compensate for inadequatcies in my anatomy, I find the vehicle to attract attention of the ladies which is a very fine bonus to ownership.

Please if I am not an enthusiast, please shout-up, as in the past I enthusiastically drive my 126 wherever I can, have owned two, and enthusiasticallly contributed to this forum, and enthusiastically attend many gatherings...not only for the beer I promise...

Please feel free to observe photos of past events , all the cars pictured were brought-in from mars just to make the forum look good!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:42:19 AM by Darrell »