Author Topic: tuning?  (Read 1490 times)

handsomery

tuning?
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
what's crackin all.

I've now got a new gearbox in my BIS, giving me all the joys of first gear, something my last gearbox sadly lacked.

I'm now wishing for a little more power. can anyone offer me any advice on some simple things I can try to get her running a bit quicker?

cheers. ryan

Darrell

• facebook profile
Re: tuning?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Anything you do will have to be a mod you do yourself as as far as I know there is next to nothing available for tuning a BIS.

It's why I moved-on from BIS to air cooled  :oops:

Boys always want more from their toys  [-/
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

smallcox

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »
Hi Ryan,

Darrell is often wrong but unfortunally he's right, but don't despair.
You will need to do a lot off mods yourself but simple mods can make a differance to performance. can you weld and fabricate if so a good free flowing exhaust made and bolted to your engine with a basic gas flowed cyclinder head which you can do in your garage and your original carb tweeked can easily add 40% to 50% more reliable power and that will get you 0-60 in about 22secs, time your run now and you will be surprise how long 60mph takes to get to.(it's that last 10mph)
air cooled, gt15 garret turbo with intercooler, 14x9" wheels with 225/40/14 toyos, front arb and disc brakes

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
.... and that welding-up and exhaust for a BIS could drive you insane as BIS exhausts can self-distruct quicker than an air cooled one...

I'd still do it if I had a BIS though...

There was a performance exhaust on the net somewhere, can't remember where, maybe one of the kettle-ista will know.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)