Author Topic: Wiring Diagram anyone for 1986 Air cooled with key starter FSM ??  (Read 1627 times)

124cso

My ignition switch has given up or at least I suspect it's the contact block behind it as lock/switch appears to be o.k.?
However mine is key starter and all the diagrams are for cable starter where the switch has 1 less wire to the switch and the plug it goes into at the loom show about 3 less wires than mine.
No one seems to list the contactor block so I'm probably going to have to modify the layout and end up with a dash push button starter ??? and have earlier ign switch function.

But I need to suss out what & where the extra wires go.
Even if someone who speaks polish can tell me what colours the letters on a polish diagram refer to ???

Pete126

• Administrator
Re: Wiring Diagram anyone for 1986 Air cooled with key starter FSM ??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
Have you downloaded the manual in the subscriber section :$
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

DEYAN IYI

• Bulgarian Polski FIAT 126p Fanclub
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »
b - white
c - black
f - violet
k - red
l - sky blue
n - blue
o - brown
p - orange
r - pink
s - grey
t - green
z - yellow

:)

Lloyd74

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
Take off and test the ignition switch with some multimeters, then as in another thread, test the starter motor and make sure the contacts are good and the wires not frayed or damaged onto the starter motor, many of these wires are 25ish yrs old and when though they look ok will have oxidation right up the sheathing, reducing their ability to conduct causing problems, if you get a dodgy wire replace it back to where you can find decent copper to make a good contact and solder all connections on to give good contact, simple crimp fittings deteriotate too quickly as they give increased contact area for oxides to form on and a poor connection so soldering is best practice.
also soldering will tell you if the wire is too heavily oxidised as the solder will not stick to a dirty wire even after heavy fluxing.
I had a supposed duff ignition switch so I replaced it but found the fault to be at the starter.
Hope helpsLLLoyd hope I havent missed your point

124cso

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »
Take off and test the ignition switch with some multimeters, then ....(edit)....... had a supposed duff ignition switch so I replaced it but found the fault to be at the starter.
Hope helpsLLLoyd hope I havent missed your point

Starter motor is fine, in fact I am surprised at how tuff it is what with all the cranking !

No, I've found that switch is not supplying power to coil. If I bridge it to the alternator post it starts easy. Also found I had no wipers or indicators but all fuses in the block are good so assume contactor block ?

Lloyd74

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »
sound logic