Author Topic: i think i met the grim reeper at the door of the hospital  (Read 893 times)

shielsy

i think i met the grim reeper at the door of the hospital
« on: December 20, 2020, 10:13:20 AM »
1,30am monday i was on my c pap machine ,woke  couldn t  breathe , as if someone was standing on my chest . i had the mother of all heart burn . i had this before twice and it was 2 massive heart  attacks  7 years ago . i panicked run to sink and started being sick , violently , then went to sit down and started burning up .
i wanted to ring for an ambulance , but thought what if i waste there time ,,. there loads of people sicker than me .the hospital is rampant with corona , still i held back .
at this point i couldn t manage the pain so i rung 999.
10 minutes later 2 paramedics where working  with me but couldn t get the wee tabs to stick because of the amount of sweating i was haven .
they got some sort of reading , straight in to back of ambulance 20 more at me , at this point eta 10 mins blues and twos.
i spent all night in resuss , them trying to get  the heart under control , heart rate 188 220 dropping to the floor then up .high fever , breathing all over the place ,
loads of meds dripps pills i was tranfered for 2 days to ae in separate room . the a and e  was in all over the place ambulances cued up a and  rammed ,
well 2 days later i was told it wasn t another heart attack but fluid in the lungs the heart was struggling to cope   i have AF arterial fiblaration and mi , retaing water etc all along with an other load of problems .
i was pumped full of vitamins fluid  antibotics  and stuff the get rid of the body fluids .this is why the lungs started filling .scans ex rays etc
, today the consultant came into tell me  all that happened and what nearly happened .last night i watched my heart rate stay around 188 166 fall to 33 then 20 shot back up and down ,blood  pressure on the floor ,,
and all  i could think was is this the end . the result of all this was a chemist that said they done my repeat prescriptions but hadn t had me run for a week telling me they had . so i rung the doctor who said no they never asked for them , a week with no heart tables fluid tabs dibetic tables etc nearly killed me so moral of the story ,order your own tables don t rely on a chemist merry xmas   am back

michaelodonnell500

Re: i think i met the grim reeper at the door of the hospital
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend again, that must have been a hell of an ordeal!
Rust does not discriminate

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Re: i think i met the grim reeper at the door of the hospital
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »
A scary moment. Have a speedy recovery!!!