Author Topic: Front Flexi Pipes Discs  (Read 1636 times)

thepuddlejumper

Front Flexi Pipes Discs
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »
Hi I have fitted panda discs to my 500 and had to fit alternative front hoses from a vw polo old style.  I am fitting cc calipers to my sons 126,  will new cc hoses fit OK.  I would like to have all parts to hand to keep the car on the road.

Thanks Ralph

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: Front Flexi Pipes Discs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »
The answer is no as the cc ones are too long and I believe that the thread will not suit your solid pipes . You can use the existing flexi and connect to the caliper using a Banjo Bolt & a couple of copper washers to seal it.  [-/
Still on holiday but just been to the Purbeck Rally & Autojumble. Picked up a nice chrome air filter for a fiver to sit on top of the twin choke carb I got last weekend at Retro Rides. Also got a few original Dinky toys for 50p each  :D

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
I went to my local motorsport shop and they made me a set the right length with the right ends for £45 worth seeing if any where local makes high pressure hoses might be easier!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 11:56:41 AM »
I said I had used a new set of standard "old vw polo" hoses on my 500 gamine, so 8) I took the old 126 hose and the old cc hose to my local car spares supplier with the box for the vw hoses and he checked the ends were compatable cost £20 all in.  Just need to fit now hoefully today if the weather keeps OK. 8)  Tried to fit them THEY DON'T FIT wrong thread at the solid pipe end the 500 ends must be different I will take them back and ask him to match up a set.  When I get the correct pipes I will let you know. 

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:21:26 PM by thepuddlejumper »

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »
 ;D My preferred set up would be the Cinque male connection at the caliper & 126 at the solid end which is of course a "special". I guess that your guy did not realise that the threads were different at each end.