Author Topic: what a farce! got a touch of the "lakins"  (Read 9210 times)

bis13

what a farce! got a touch of the "lakins"
« on: April 29, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »
started off for chris s house this morning to help him get his car going so we could go to brooklands and what happens on the m20? i get the "lakins" and my car gives up on me ! try to restart nothing so i call out breakdown people only for the car to restart just as they arrive ! i decide to turn around and go home and on way home breakdown again only for the same bloke to turn up again an hour later! i am now at home with a dissapointed little boy and a car that wont work  . tommorow i shall try and find whats wrong, for now i must get beaten up by my son on playstation wrestling!!! ouch...

william

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 04:41:40 PM »
chris told me about that i waqs talkin to himon msn

he didnt tell me that the car broke down

tell me waht is wrong wwith it when you u find out
Chris Lakin's Nephew

philippa

we are all cursed
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »
hi bis 13

sorry to hear that you broke down, i think we are all cursed at the moment with the breaking down.  :lol:. whats going on with our little cars they are all going out in sympathy with each other.  :lol:. josh make sure u beat ur dad on the playsation.  :D.  

thanks philippa

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:16:08 AM »
haha i call it "Lakin Luck" well just to rub it in, my car is running sweeter than a tubo'd singer sowing machine!! :lol: Mick did u say yours is running like the original Lassie? :lol:

my new carb (2nd hand) has complemented the timing well, no flat spots like there was. starts on button now, used to take at least four attempts when cold.

you want to take a leaf out my book m8! :lol: (& beware of the coultrup curse)  :lol:  :lol:
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

fiatfsm

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »
Brooklands was great, three 126s there, 2 BIS and a modified aircooled on a W reg. Your problems all stem from the same thing... you all have a BIS :lol:
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

126dave

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »
he he he yep,why do you think we left steam power behind???BIS ok,but you cannot beat the real thing.............................i use my bis to remind me how good my aircooled is.......................... :cool:
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

bis13

my air coolers better than your kettle , not tis not tis not
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »
shut it! you all sound like the vw crowd..... my car is water cooled and its rubbish i like it that way . i have more potential to spend time on the hard shoulder watching the traffic go by. i will dive into an aircooled car when i feel the need . and probably find as many quibbles about that as well. does nt matter what it is its little, fiat, and probably trying to rust on you.peace to all on earth except vectra drivers....

126dave

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
woo hoo,hang on, i'll go find your bottle.............bound to be around the pram somewhere......................

bis13

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »
ha ha ha you must read it properly , no pram involved.

126dave

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:43:57 PM »
dont care,im happy with the aircooled,nothing to prove.my BIS is ok,just a shame there is not the shelf full of tuning bits for it like the 650 on offer.

i will at some point make the effort to sort it out,it just......i dont know....it just does not inspire me as the much as the aircooled does......oil changes etc are done at mileage/time not out of ''id like to do that this mornin''.....i really cannot explain it.............i guess its a '70's thing,i wanted an abarthised 126 at 15,still got the brouchure with the inked on ''wides'' etc.....here i am at 46.................nearly there...........

bis13

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:58:46 PM »
live the dream fella!

126dave

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
can i reiterate that i have both aircooled and (2)BIS?............and if i had the means i would love a 500 as well..................but then i would have to forget about the 850 spyder and 850 sport i have always wanted...................................

paul harbinson.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »
I know where there's an mk3 850 sport coupe in mustard an absolute cracker.....and it's for sale oh no the dilema  :shock: Your right Dave I'd love a nice 500 but refuse to pay the over inflated prices.You can have just as much fun in a 126.(water or air) :cool:
Dante Giacoso, pure genius!

fiatfsm

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »
agree the 500 prices are stupid now, rather have a 600 myself, think they look nicer.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

126dave

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 06:16:10 PM »
oh..an 850 in mustard.....................my fav colour.............and yes i agree the 600 is bettertha a 500,scrap a rotten 850 coupe for the running gear and build an 850 nurburgring rep............................oh oh oh i need to lie down now........