Poll

Should Club126UK have it's own Facebook Page?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 04, 2011, 11:57:04 AM

Author Topic: Facebook Page - Yes or No?  (Read 7650 times)

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
Facebook Page - Yes or No?
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:57:04 AM »
The facebook site that was set up by Chris Larkin is located at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4964457269

I don't know if a facebook page is a good thing?  The main worry is that it will reduce the input to the forum, at least with the forum all the contents are in one place.

If you think that club126UK will benefit from a facebook page please vote on the poll.
 :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:49:10 PM by ChrisRLewis »

Eklipze3k

Re: Facebook Page - Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
I vote yes, if it's done along the lines of https://www.facebook.com/fiatscotland

They post links to the latest forum posts, and major site updates, outages and Fiat related news events and the major yearly meets get posted on facebook - it doesn't take over from the forum, it just provides highlights.

skelz

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:13:19 AM »
maybe for pics but that would be about it..

nrg19uk

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »
There are a few people who have joined this site from Facebook asking about manuals, help, sales of vehicles and parts
Neil gargaro

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
I voted no. The forum will quickly fill with spam, abuse and idiots. Same has happened to other forums that added facebook.

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
Facebook is yet another medium for sharing information and is quite trendy to have an account. I share your concerns with effectively having two sites. How do you manage two sites? There is a real risk that Facebook will reduce the amount of input into the Forum. That said, the upside is that Facebook can attract more 126 enthusiasts into the Forum as well. I am a member of other clubs as well but none appear (at least I have not noticed) to have a separate medium running in parallel. Yes or No? There are clearly pros and cons to this approach. I am old fashioned when it comes to all this but quite happy to embrace this relatively new technology, so I vote yes.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »
TBH I don't know why this question needs to be asked we are a Fiat126 forum and not a social networking site. we have the best 126 site on the net. where you can post pictures, video, ask questions. get answers also we have an excellent search facility SO WHY do we need a Face Book Account with its inferior layout,
IMO this will detract from our Club/Forum. if you put fiat126 into any search engine we are there at the top so there's no problem for anyone finding our site and joining us.
If members that have a Face Book Account want new "Fwends" :P you can always start a thread to find out who has an account and take it from there.

I Vote No
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

landyman

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
 :o   i'm 50 next year and have managed without face book so far, have an acount somewhere a friend set up for me a few years ago don't even know how to access it now ,lifes too short for wasting on mindless daily crap on a computer at least most forums are about the heart of the relavant hobby

Emin

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 07:41:39 AM »
:o   i'm 50 next year and have managed without face book so far, have an acount somewhere a friend set up for me a few years ago don't even know how to access it now ,lifes too short for wasting on mindless daily crap on a computer at least most forums are about the heart of the relavant hobby

Exactly the same for me. Simplicity matters. I am already sick and tired of nephews of my nephews adding me as friend.

Lina

• Facebook profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:29:01 AM »
Finally have a chance to add my 2p's worth here, as I recently asked about Facebook.

My reason for asking about a Facebook page is that it is a slightly 'chattier' place than the forum - I can read my wall posts and comment quickly on something that makes me laugh/interests me/or I know something about.  It's a completely different medium to the forum and also can be quite independent from the great things that are provided here. 
I know that I would always come here first for answers to my questions about the car, to search for posts relevant to my own issues etc.  Whereas Facebook is more like a social place to hang out, chat about whatever, share a joke etc.

I think the group page that already exists is actually sufficient - I just previously had not been aware of it, nor had I been able to search for it on Facebook.  I've now joined it and have already spotted a familiar coloured 126 ;)

Will that current group page still stay up once this poll has been run??  I do hope so!

Lina xxx
Lina - as in Lyna - as in dustbin liner, eye liner, ocean going... etc!

chrisrhodesinlbz

• Subscribers
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
I think the Facebook page would be a nice idea, but hope that Facebook would not detract from the real Forum, I have had so much help and advice from here, invaluable really.....and so easy to find! Facebook always seems to so full of drivel....at least from my friends and family!

bis13

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 10:03:06 PM »
how about TWITTER then..... ;)

nrg19uk

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
how about TWITTER then..... ;)

Hahhahaha  ;D
Neil gargaro

landyman

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:44 PM »
TWITTER  thats what birds do in the garden   {always put the bird feeder at cat height}  keeps tweeting quieter :P

gsxr126

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 03:18:51 AM »
I thought it was the spot between the tw#t and the sh!@ter
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace