Author Topic: new memberchanging to 126 family!  (Read 1165 times)

farmer john

new memberchanging to 126 family!
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »
Hello,I am known as farmer john & I live on the coast in Brittany.  Described as a poor 71yr old living in paradise!(past30yrs)  I am lucky to have a good workshop on my smallholding & too many projects!   I now have parkinsons so most of my projects must go!    But there is time for just one more!?  an air cooled 126(652cc), for a bit of 'gentle trialing' in clubmans events in the south west of England!     I would be very greatfull for any input/advice, plans include finding a cheap 126(no mot needed!) a spare engine/box, fitting a panda30 crown wheel & pinion 5.13to 1(or fiat 500/same)a fiat 127clutch/a Fish 1.25"carb+inlet,(or SU hs2+inlet) I will make my own exhaust./suspension mods etc     As you will appreciate Im looking for more power but especially low down torque;   has any one modified one ?   most of the action is in Poland,like me they need power on a strict budget!  Abarth is fantastic but not for me.   If I succeed I will post photos / report on the forum

dajwid

• Subscribers
Re: new memberchanging to 126 family!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »
Welcome.
There are plenty of modified 126 I. The UK and everywhere, not only Poland.
Finding a cheap 126 .... Poland cheap engine and box, Poland
But cheap to one person is not cheap to the next.
In the UK £1000 gets a project RHD
In Poland 5000zl gets you a really nice 126. Search ‘fiat 126p KJS’ for rally ready cars.