Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for an 86/87 FSM ?  (Read 5923 times)

124cso

Wiring Diagram for an 86/87 FSM ?
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
I've just bought an 86 built FSM 650 (E?) and struggling to find an electrical plan.
It has an Alternator and the stubby distributor without the conventional type cap and twin spark coil.

My question, is at this point, that there are a pair of spare wires with insulated spade connectors, 1x white wire and the other light blue with a white stripe, running across the bulkhead/front of engine bay and laying on the shelf at righthand side of engine, infront of the coil.

Can anyone tell me what they are for / optional equipment ?

Thanks in advance

dajwid

• Subscribers
Re: Wiring Diagram for an 86/87 FSM ?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
This very subject was covered very recently, Did you use the search to see or was it simply faster to make us all answer the question again?

As this is your first post it is unusual that it is help me from day one and not an introduction.
 :cry:

So welcome to the forum

ypsilon_lancar

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
ouch! play nice!! lol  ;D

ypsilon_lancar

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »
To be fair I have a similar question and im lost as to what to search, this thread just keeps coming up! I will keep looking though!

Pete126

• Administrator
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
Sorry to seem rude :$

First post was where can I get a manual?

answer join the club and it is free.

Second question was a I need help.

I have been on the forum for a little while now and nearly all the questions have been asked if people use the search.
I am sure that that is what Pete did to find the post.
 ;D

ypsilon_lancar

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 11:13:11 PM »

Second question was a I need help.

I have been on the forum for a little while now and nearly all the questions have been asked if people use the search.
I am sure that that is what Pete did to find the post.
 ;D

I know i was only messing, it can be frustrating getting the same questions all the time though! Thanks for the link Pete, i think thats going to help me too!

124cso

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
This very subject was covered very recently, Did you use the search to see or was it simply faster to make us all answer the question again?

As this is your first post it is unusual that it is help me from day one and not an introduction.
 :cry:

So welcome to the forum

Thanks for that warm and welcoming post. I have actually been searching under "wiring diagram" but all it seems to bring up is other people asking the same thing. Nothing saying 'here is a wiring diagram'.
There is a link that goes to Google translate (polish to english) but it keeps stalling and then failing, saying it cannot find the page. I have tried it 4/5 times over as many days.

Looking at your posts to others, I see you are rude / abrupt to them also so I will not take it too personally.
Perhaps you can advise which section and the name of the posting where this has been discussed and diagram shown ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:23:53 AM by 124cso »

124cso

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4947.0

This link just seems to bring me to a june 2010 discussion re an alternator problem, not to a wiring diagram ?

124cso

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »
To be fair I have a similar question and im lost as to what to search, this thread just keeps coming up! I will keep looking though!
Exactly. You'd think someone might have one they can scan ?

124cso

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 12:39:24 AM »

Actually, if you read my post, I said a driver's handbook, like they used to put in the glove box of new cars, not a workshop manual. And I was offering to buy one for cash foldies !
I'm already in the US and UK Fiat spider groups, the Fiat Register (vintage), the MTFCA & MTFCNZ. Can't sub up to everything!

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:32:34 AM by dajwid »

bis13

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
i will look at my loom today as i am currently working on a bare shell i also have a haynes manual and a autobooks manual i will scan those and hopefully between the two you will find the answer. off the top of my head the only other wiring that is routed around to the right hand side is the rear lights, indicators and either fog or reverse light which has a push connection between the loom and the rear panel.
anyhow welcome to the forum and i will post later today. mick

124cso

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
the only other wiring that is routed around to the right hand side is the rear lights, indicators and either fog or reverse light which has a push connection
Fog lamp is working and reverse lamp is connected on LH side of  rear Xmember (but not working). The diagrams linked above look to show option for elec aerial ? but don't include a legend to confirm this.

124cso

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
Have got the question of the unknown wires sorted.
I was writing the above posting a bit after midnight local time, then shortly afterwards it dawned on me that as reversing lamp not working, could the 2 be connected ?
Yip ! Got up thismorning, switch on ign, then short out the two wires and we have light. Now just have to figure out where they are supposed to be plugged into a switch ?