Author Topic: New owner seeking help!  (Read 1852 times)

Draigflag

• Got a New Abarth 500 too!
New owner seeking help!
« on: June 12, 2010, 06:41:42 PM »
Ok not a major restoration, basically I've just bought a BIS to keep my Abarth 500 (new one, not old sorry) company. She's been garaged all her life up until December last year where the guy i bought it from left her on his drive! (Grrrrrr) So the Red paint has faded a little on the roof/bonnet and boot.

I've been busy with the potions today, tried just AG SRP first, didn't work, so tried AG Paint renovator, that didn't work either. Got the T-cut out and at first i thought it was working. I did the roof twice before applying polish, but after buffing the polish off, the finish is streaky and still faded in places. Bonnet is better but still not as i want it.

So where do i go from here? Does she need professionally machine buffing or is there something else i can do?
The rest of the car is fine, i did a quick cut and wax on the front wing, polished up very deep glossy red!
Thanks guys  [-/

ciaoflyer

Re: New owner seeking help!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:32:27 PM »
You can try rubbing compound it is a little stronger that paint renovator, you can get it at motor factors!  I have used it and it works a treat.
Ciao4Now