Author Topic: paint job  (Read 1724 times)

sambolton2012

paint job
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
right , how much would a paint job cost me for the 126?
not just any paint job, i have always like starsky and hutch............... if u get the idea.
so flame red and the white curved stripe .

its only a tiny car so surely it cant cost me that much ?
p.s i relly dont have a clue how much paint jobs are :/ (not a clue) but i want one !

roobeh

Re: paint job
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 02:33:07 PM »
lots of people ask this and it's allways dependant on preperation.

if the car needs to be fillered or sanded or whatever, it'll add to the price. also you normally get what you pay for. 

actually you could use some rustoleum and some dense foam rollers. can actually come out really well but i think the people who get the best result's get lots of practice.

but yeah, the 126 is small so shouldn't be that expensive. i'd guess about £750 for a decent, long lasting job. Don't quote me on that. I know nothing.

Eklipze3k

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
I've seen quotes in the region of £1k-£1.2k for a Cinq being bandied about on FIATForum, but have also seen some people getting fairly decent jobs done for £500 at 'mates rates'. Personally I'm budgeting for £1.5k to have mine done (including repairing and rustproofing) from a well respected local shop - if it comes in less than that I'll be happy  [-/

ciaoflyer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
I paid £1100 for mine with new panels welded in!  I had to strip the car first though.
Ciao4Now

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »
My local shop did a mitsibishi sapporo (capri sized) all in including prep for £750
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

JamesY

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
Definitely get what you pay for. Also depends if you want just the exterior, exterior and door shuts/apertures or a full monty inside and out. The first option is ok if you're keeping the same colour, otherwise you'll need to do the second as a minimum.

You'll normally get some discount for stripping it yourself.

Few years ago I was pricing up my little XR2 and it varied from £750 for cheap as chips job to £2k+vat for the dogs danglies. I'm sure the cheapie would have looked ok, but the premises were a bit cr&ppy and I'm not sure how long it would have lasted. On the other hand, the £2k job would have been awesome (judging by the Jag XKR that was in for respray when I went for the quote) but traded the car rather than splash the cash!

markie

• 1982 original bodywork no rust no welding
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:18:37 PM »
 ;D If toy artex it first then you dont have to worry about filler  8)