Author Topic: I want a 126 again!!  (Read 2154 times)

Croftylad

I want a 126 again!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »
First of all a big hi to everyone on the site. This is my first post so be kind. Please!
Bought a 126 when I was a student in about 1989. It was on an m plate (1974 I think) and was a powder blue colour. I remember paying £125 for it but had to hitch about 60 miles to pick it up. Had the starter and choke on the floor between the seats.
 Anyway drove all over Devon and Cornwall in it on surf trips. I think my surfboard was longer than the car. Will have to dig out some photos.
When the brakes finally gave up it was time to move onto something else. Always had a soft spot for my little Fiat and actually saw one identical at the nec classic car show.
I am now looking for another one. It would make an ideal run about and as I maintain my own cars would be easy to work on. Also have you priced up modern day parts prices. Key for a Punto £125! YOU ONLY GET 1 KEY FOR THAT as we found out after snapping both keys!Like the look of the Polish cars which are being sold as they are quite similar to my early one. Anyone got a tidy car for sale in South Wales or Bristol areas?
Anyway a big hello and keep up the good work! [-/

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: I want a 126 again!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
 :D Hi Crofty , good luck with your quest and at least you know what you are trying to get back into. If you get bitten by the bug then it is hard thing to shake off.
If you keep your eyes open there are little gems that turn up from time to time  [-/

Eklipze3k

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »
:D Hi Crofty , good luck with your quest and at least you know what you are trying to get back into. If you get bitten by the bug then it is hard thing to shake off.
If you keep your eyes open there are little gems that turn up from time to time  [-/

;)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt :)

bath126p

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »
Good luck
You're welcome to take a look at my Polish 126 and try it for size if you're ever near Bath.

Not for sale though!

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
Klipsey my man , you have got right to the Heart of it but Lettuce think about this for a moment Cos this is serious , this guy is looking for something of Romano origin  ::)

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
Watt something like this :P

Hi Croftylad Welcome to the asylum :D :D :D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »
 :D Mmmm !! the 12" thin crust limited edition Green Yoda Star Wars Special with the caper bib & motzerella shawl , my favourite  [-/

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:14:17 PM »
Quote: This is my first post so be kind. Please!
 :oops: :D

Problem is, 126 owners tend to be just a little, a tiny bit, mad. I assume that why you want another one, look carefully lots of rubbish out there. Lots of LHD Polish cars coming over, still on Polish plates. Poles are very very good at making a car 'look' good.
I spoke to some polish friends recently word is out that Brits pay a fortune for a 126 ;D, In poland the cars are cheap, the salt on the roads in the winter very thick, preventative maintenance is unusual, if it's not broken leave it, is the norm.

I am not saying they are all rubbish, look at Jans to see that, but be careful.

To the Poles on here, No I am not racist, I don't hate poles, married one and spent a third of my life working and living there.

There is a great Bis for sale on here at the moment :-

One plus with buying on here is, we tend to be honest (although slightly mad)

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:22 PM »
Welcome!

May the gods of 126's, go faster parts, and lettuce be with you and guide you in your quest for a venerable beast we shall be looking forward to seeing soon.

Compulsory initiation attendance to the great Isle of Wight round the island race will take place next year where, we regret to inform you, you are bringing the beer [-/
Here you will be required to show your abilities in the 126 pushing race, the 126 wheel change race and the team event of 'how far can you carry a 126'

Although we have not mentioned quanitiy of beer, more than one will do  [-/

Don't listen to those blasphemous rumours that there are slightly mad people on here!
What car be more sane than owning a 126!
I feel sorry for the poor sods who have nothing to tinker with! :P
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)