Author Topic: engine in but ?????  (Read 8222 times)

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
engine in but ?????
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 02:18:54 AM »
well i paid 24 for mine, but it was from a warehouse, where they sell to businesses. However i paid £44 in halfords the year before. Can you not borrow one from someone? or use the one from youre 500?

yes that is a good point Toz made, batt could be making the starter make that noise! giving the starter a few light taps with a hammer may help to loosen it, but i dont want u to break it! so see what others say.

You are almost there, it will be one small & trivial thing!! then u will be 126ing!! Being a 500 owner (& 126 owner now) you should know by now the golden rule. if at first you dont succeed try and try again!!!!!  :lol:

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

The Laird

engine in but ?????
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 07:03:28 PM »
Hi Richard, Just an observation.  Make sure when you buy the battery it is the correct size (physically) for the battery pan ( often overlooked ) and also it is the compatible charging rate for the alternator ie battery should be 34 Ah. You could push it to say 40 Ah but no higher otherwise the battery will never get to full charge. The Doctor is correct in his advice but the most important thing when you jump start are the leads. They should ideally be 16mm flexible leads with heavy crocodile clips otherwise you will get resistance. The WORST thing you can do is rev the engine of the donor vehicle as this can cause a spike and damage electronics in the casualty vehicle. Trust me I used to manufacture special battery jump packs when I was in business in the UK.  It may cost a couple of pounds more but go for a sealed gel battery they are far more reliable and you won't get acid all over you if you roll it !!

The Laird

The Doctor

engine in but????
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 08:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone, this club is great for helping each other, so will someone look at my problem and offer advise pleae :?:
Regarding the cost of things, perhaps the UK is overpriced, as batteries for our beloved 126's cost around £10 (original), full original exhaust system £8-10, and silly little things like wheel trims a silly £3 a set in Poland.  Living so close means I can get these within half an hour.
Hoping to come to the UK in Spring in a large vehicle, so could perhaps bring a few rare items - more of that a little later.
Hope you get on the road soon Richard, cheers M8
Graham :smt077
you can do it in a 126 (I have!)

richard

its a runner yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »
:lol:   . hello there, well i have a update for you , darkhorse travelled down and met me tonight and helped me on my fiat 126 , and got it running .

i had some small issues , the timing was slighlty out ... the distributer was 180 degrees out .....     and my battery was shot .... which was why my starter was making a funny noise .. he brought a battery with me and lent it me.....  :)

he has advised me to clean or replace the carb, so i am going to do that as this is a job i know how to do as did it on my 500

and he has cheered me up know end as i thought with me replacing the engine i hadnt improved a non runner ...

when infact its a runner and hopefully a sweet one  :wink:

still have to look at lights etc, this could be down to fuses , bulbs . or bad earths ... and also get a small patch welded onto a sill about 6 inch long ,

and when im happy i will take it for a mot and see what happens .

will keep you all posted thank you so so much for everyones help and advice youve been super

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
engine in but ?????
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 12:05:43 AM »
Richard that is super!!!

That was really nice of him to do that!!!

so you have a runner!!! now! Wooo :lol:

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

fiatfsm

engine in but ?????
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 10:01:08 AM »
Great news, btw, you arent the first person to have your dissy in wrong by 180 degrees, I remember someone doing a similar thing a few years back and it took them ages tom work out what was wrong.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
engine in but ?????
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 11:42:56 AM »
It should still work 180 degrees out, but you will have to swap the spark plug leads around.

It is best to keep it the way Fiat recommended though to save confusion!

richard

new purchases
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 12:52:48 PM »
just bought a battery booster pack from ebay for £25.99

brought all 8 amp fuses

brought a spare battery

.. just to say dizzie did still work even though it was about 180 out.....  all i did was take it out the box of bits i got from the guy i had the car off and bolted it in, so did do too bad really

gonna change fuses. carb and have a look at my bulbs etc .

all the best

richard

richard

its for sale
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 05:55:24 PM »
landlord on private caravan park where is is kept has ordered its eviction within  2 weeks

someone make me a offer .

or i will ebay it next weekend

reguards

richard

:cry:   i have pictures and videos of it

its now a runner ......   wasnt as you all know when i got it .. since engine transplant it is

nrg19uk

where
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 10:51:53 PM »
where abouts are you and also how much you looking for?
Neil gargaro

richard

videos on internet of 126 running
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 09:56:45 AM »
http://www.jusspress.com/richemon

video of engine running are at link above.

hope it works

reguards

richard