Author Topic: Sad time  (Read 960 times)

Draigflag

• Got a New Abarth 500 too!
Sad time
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
Its that time of year again. On Monday my sorn starts so the little 126 will be hopefully tucked away somewhere safe until spring next year. Its a sad time. Im hoping I will get a chance to use her at the weekend, but the weather isnt looking great. Think ive done around 350 miles this year at a guess!

Im a tad worried actually, the garage I usualy keep her in is full of junk, and my Dad says he wants to keep his Volvo in there if it gets emptied. Might sneak her in there when he's not looking. Could always buy a carcoon, but at 400 squid, its a bit expensive really.

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: Sad time
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »
At least you're keeping the car - which is a good thing - you'd miss it if you let it go!  ;D

I can't promise (I'm still trying to make my mind up) but I might be selling a second hand Carcoon (Size 2 ,Outdoor, fits Fiat 500 and Fiat 126, costs about £12 a year in electric, I keep mine in it).  Might be too expensive but I was thinking either £300 for a very good one that works a treat, or £200 for one that is water and air tight but needs a new fan and a motor (probably less than £70 from Carcoon).  If you're interested just let me know and I can e-mail some pictures...  ;)

Every cloud has one...

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
It is great that you are keeping the car. Your Bis is in excellent condition. If you sold it, and you decide that you want one again, you would be hard pressed to find one in the same condition. With the speed at which the watercooled Bis is disappearing, prices for these, in the not too distant future will gradually increase. You only need to look at ebay. There are currently seven RHDs Bis being broken up. I recently bought some spares from an ebay seller who is breaking three RHD Bis. Bearing in mind, the Bis had a limited run i.e. was sold for just over four years. Very few where sold in the UK.

popik81

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:47:09 AM »
still not sold???