Author Topic: CC ZERO 650cc FOR SALE  (Read 616 times)

drcdb15

CC ZERO 650cc FOR SALE
« on: June 25, 2023, 12:10:54 AM »
This CC Zero was first registered on 22 January 1993. It is correctly shown as Car Craft, and with the chassis number CCZ92008 I am guessing it was either made in August 1992, or it was the 8th chassis made in 1992 – out of about 22 or 24 total made by Car Craft – and originally fitted with a 704cc engine – presumably from a Fiat 126 BIS – and painted yellow.

I bought it in August 2016 as I already had another and just fancied the idea of having two. Several years, major domestic demands, increasing age and arthritis later, I finally admit I will never get anything done with it, and even if I did I probably won't be physically fit enough to drive it! So it is offered now FIRST to Club126 members (if no-one's interested it will go on Car & Classic).

I bought it from a chap in Preston, who like me had too many projects and didn't do anything with it. He'd bought it in 2014 from a Laurencekirk secondary school about halfway between Dundee and Aberdeen. That school bought the car from its first owner, a lady in Dundee, who had it from 1993 until May 2003. Correspondence from DVLA details this history.

The school had used it in a car mechanics teaching programme, and I suspect this is where it gained the fuel filling mods - a hole in the top as you can see in the photos, with hose leading towards the fuel tank, but this was never completed. I have covered the hole simply to prevent water/dirt ingress.  I presume too the school made the change of engine and added rally-style 4-point harnesses, the current racing-stripe paint job and the quick-release fixings to the engine cover and the front cowling. These certainly weren't standard CC Zero spec items!

The engine now is a standard (as far as I can see) 650cc air-cooled 126 unit, with a rather sporty tailpipe on what looks like an otherwise standard exhaust. I presume that the gearbox will also have been swapped from the original BIS, but I don't know for sure. The wiring harness is present, including what looks like a BIS instrument unit which will need some cleaning up – so presumably the wiring harness is also from the BIS - but obviously a lot of the wiring needs to be sorted out properly. It comes with a hood and sidescreens, but the hood itself is not in great condition and most of the fixing press studs are u/s, however it will serve as a pattern if you wanted to get a new one made up. There are also a number of spare bits, including the headlamp trims, a rear fog lamp and the nearside mirror which are not fitted to the car itself. There is no padding or upholstery of any sort on the metal seat frames/bases.

Sadly it's not in as good shape as when I first got it, having suffered a few scuffs and scratches in storage, but still it's not bad overall. It has always been stored under cover, mainly under a carport, and I have turned the engine by hand regularly every 2-3 weeks (for 7 years!!). I've never had it running, but there is still fuel in the tank, oil in the engine and fluid in the brake reservoir, so I have no reason to think it won't run. The previous owner claimed to have had the engine running but only to test it, not to drive the car. Ignition key is present.

The car rolls but I cannot give any assurance about functioning of the brakes or the handbrake, so assume it will need to be chocked. Equally I can give no guarantee about the functioning or otherwise of any mechanical or electrical items. The tyres have good tread, and hold pressure OK (date stamped 0810).

I have the V5 in my name, but this car is NOT registered on SORN, because it was never set up with tax and MoT in the first place, before the SORN regulations were introduced in 1998 (so presumably the original owner never had it running on the road). A letter from DVLA confirms this. There is nothing else by way of documentation, but as I said I do have another CC Zero and a load of literature items, including an original build manual from Car Craft, and I'm happy to let the buyer have soft and/or hard copies of these items if requested – also copies of various photos on a memory stick.

The car is located in East Grinstead, West Sussex, not far from Gatwick and very close to the rail and bus stations. I'm happy to coordinate with shippers such as Shiply, and international shipping (but be a shame to 'lose' yet another one to the Netherlands!)

Literally dozens of photos, just ask if you want any specific area of the car, or any queries generally about it.

Sensible offers around £1500. Email me at [email protected] (NOT “drcdb15”; NOT “gmail”).
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME as I don't check this Forum as often as I used to.

This car is not a runner, and will need to be trailered away. STRICTLY SOLD AS SEEN, NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 12:15:10 AM by drcdb15 »

DeVilleChris

• Subscribers
    • Club 126 UK
Re: CC ZERO 650cc FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 09:16:22 PM »
Oh the temptation.
1979 Fiat 126 DeVille
1979 Fiat 900T Amigo

drcdb15

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 10:40:14 AM »
Oh the temptation.
Well I've had some interest from overseas, so if it goes there it will likely never come back to the UK. So don't be shy. I need this car shifted, so I won't turn down any reasonable offer.

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 09:37:18 PM »
If it’s the chap from France then he has a few and has bought from the UK before including from one of my friends so should be good for it.  :thumbup
Every cloud has one...

drcdb15

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 06:25:58 PM »
This car has been sold to a 'new' owner located in Scotland - July 2023. So in a sense it has gone home, as it was originally built by a gentleman also in Scotand.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 10:37:03 PM by drcdb15 »