Author Topic: head light conversion kits ?  (Read 8526 times)

philippa

head light conversion kits ?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 06:17:17 PM »
hi all

Thank you all for your help and ideas it is very appreciated. i have now got left hand drive lights on and a new exhaust. the differnce is unbelivable just having a new exhaust. when i picked it up there was smoke blowing everywhere but he said it was just the greece and would wear off in a few days. i was weary thou and kept the fire extinguisher to hand. As i type this my dad is in the kitchen trying to seperate the old headlights. awww. we have been fixing up the car today and have put rust kill on the rusty spots and given her a t-cut and is really shiny now. yeay.

i have booked the car in for monday the 23rd of april to get the headlights adjusted and stickers put on for now. i will get the old lenses put on as soon as possible. i should be back on the road by the end of the month.

thank you

philippa

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »
looks good philippa :)
don't forget to give it a good polish/wax after the tcutting to protect the paintwork.
Chris

philippa

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
hello

yep done that too. lol. i am also making the bumpers black again. we were going to use shoe polish see if it would work but got a handy tip. use a hair dryer or some kind of heat gun but not to get too close as it will melt the plastic. The difference is amazing will post the pics later. just got the back bumpers to do.  :D.

thanks philippa

fiatfsm

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
nice one, glad to see youre getting to grips with the car... maybe see you at some shows this year? But not in the Kia :lol:
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 11:01:12 PM »
looking good flip!! :D looking forward to all the shows!

do you still need that exhaust? im sorry i havnt couriered it to you.

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

philippa

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »
hi all

yer i am looking forward to the shows  :D. i got the exhaust changed but i could always do with a spare. did you see the head lights on ebay. just typical that they poped up when i sorted every thing out. lol. look at the plastic on the car. the back bumper still needs doing but will sort that out after the MOT on monday dont want to disturb them wires. lol.

hey chris i bought some oil yesterday but think i got the wrong one. got 10/40s its part synthetic. not going to change it till i am sure.

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »
wow flip, car looks really great! you must be proud!

wrong oil though, thats too thin. You need Halfords Classic 20/50 its in a bit green metal tin. Alternatively use Duckhams 20/50.

going by the colour and texture of your oil i saw, any fresh oil is better than the old thats in it, even if the viscosity is too thick.

also sometimes i buy oil from Wilkinsons (Wilko) they do a multigrade 20/50, io use it to flush them engine, but im sure its fine to use depite being only £3.50!!! great stuff

im so sorry i never posted that exhaust, but your are welcome to it, and when i come up for the shows i will bring it iwth me.

takecare

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

126dave

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:25 AM »
good tip chris,i use b an q stuff twice on old engines to flush,sometimes i even use diesel oil for the ultimate flush out......1000 or so miles usualy does it
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge