Author Topic: Wow that Weather !  (Read 2713 times)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Wow that Weather !
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »
I live at the top of a great big hill so if my house ever floods a lot of others would be in real trouble but we do get battered by the wind and rain being on the edge of the Chilterns. Friday night was a battering but everything seemed OK. Went off on a mission on saturday morning in my little Seat Arosa and the good lady spotted that I had lost the big cover over my nearside wing mirror  :(
Mystery , had someone nicked it or had it blown away ?
Drove round the block a couple of times on the lookout but no luck. Started looking on eBay for a replacement then weyhey !
Perched on a wall a couple of hundred yards up the road was the cover  :)
Clipped it back on and it don't come off that easy so that wind was pretty wicked  :o
I was going to start this account with "once upon a time" as I know that BV likes to curl up with a nice cup of Black Sheep and a storey with a happy ending  :P

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: Wow that Weather !
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »
Well, Rusty, there are many a tragic story relating to our cars so it's really good to hear that all ended well on this occasion! I'm tucked up in bed on my iPad with my sheep  :$ so this little tale will help give me a peaceful nights sleep.  ;D

PS

Still waiting to gear back from Italy about that 'stuff' taking longer I than expected to get a reply.
Every cloud has one...

baron_matt

Re: Wow that Weather !
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Just out of interest on a related topic, where is the air inlet on a 126?

Just wanted to know how at risk are 126's by flood water, not that I'm intentionally going to drive one into a flood you understand, but it would be handy to know if there is a limit to be aware of.

I'm with Rusty on the force of the storm round here, we live about 2 miles apart and Friday night was fearsome, with several trees coming down. Hoping the rain will end soon.