Author Topic: Bargain !  (Read 2146 times)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Bargain !
« on: October 21, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
 ;D I have often sung the vitues of good old Redex on here as a cheap and easy way of helping to clean out your fuel system as many of our cars seem to suffer in the fuel department. Most outlets only seem to stock deisel and petrol injector cleaner so I have been using the petrol version. So I was filling up my car at the Tesco store filling station in central Watford yesterday and happened to glance at the Redex. They had Redex Fuel System Cleaner - Petrol on the shelf alongside the usual versions. Best bit was it was priced at 40p. Got them to do a price check and it was right so I picked up a couple of bottles. Not sure if they had dropped a boo boo but that is about a tenth of the normal price  :o :o
In the main store they did not have it on the shelf.

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
Re: Bargain !
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
While on the subject of additives anyone used Wynns Dry Fuel?  I have had a problem with my modern road car for ages and I was informed that the problem may be related to water in the fuel tank which can be caused just by condensation building up in the tank.

I tried a bottle of 'Dry Fuel' and it made a big difference to the car's running.  I know126's are prone to fuel related problem blocked jets etc and some owners lay their 126's up for the winter when condensation is likely to build up.

Well worth trying even if you don't have any current problems, bottle costs £6.50 (Halfords) and the treatment lasts for 6 months.

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
That is a new one on me Chris but sounds like a good idea. Apart from condensation I have sometimes had problems with a dodgy batch of petrol.
Update on Redex - Just back from Amersham so checked out the Tesco filling station. There on the shelf Redex at 40p  :D
Halfords are listing this same thing at £5.49 and some sellers on eBay are pricing it over £8  :$

bis13

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:08 AM »
go back and buy it all up and sell it on ebay then! i suspect if you look at the "use by date" it will be close to expiring (i am sure there is a shelf life on this stuff).

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
That idea did occour to me but I have already got more than enough stuff to sell on eBay already without buying in more. Anyway I know that you like to blur the lines between food and chemicals you use on your motor, I have seen & admired some of your "pushing back the frontiers" of outdoor cooking techniques, kind of a cross between Ray Mears, Jeremy Clarkson & Delia Smith  :P :P :P
There is no use by date on the Redex so no worries there  ;D