Author Topic: bis/aircooled clutch swap  (Read 1543 times)

126dave

bis/aircooled clutch swap
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »
hi guys,im about to send my engine internals/clutch etc to the uk for balencing,now,im going to use a bis driven plate (thanks for that tip bruce), :?: but,i have been looking at the bis pressure plate as well,it looks a better quality bit of kit,and looks like it will fit ok,has anyone done this swap?????....
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

Bruce

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »
it was such a long time ago (back in the 80s or early 90s) since i changed the clutch on my 126 that i can't remeber is the assembly was of a Bis or an aircooled, just remeber the plate being of a Bis. So long as the bolts and spigots are in the same place i see no reason why it would not fit. I've mixed and matched many engines in the past, it is supprising what you can do if you put your mind to it. i once made a successful motor bike engine to fit in my Benelli 654 from the original engine that had thrown a rod and a 500 four Honda engine that had broken its cam chain.

126dave

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:19:43 PM »
it all bolts up,so im gona go for it,i think the bis was maybe better quality to cope with extra torque?......so its off to be balenced with the crank etc................
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge