Author Topic: Fiat 126p FL, 650 E - 1989 - FULL GLORY PICTURES !!!!!  (Read 3494 times)

Jan-in-UK

Fiat 126p FL, 650 E - 1989 - FULL GLORY PICTURES !!!!!
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »
Hi, I did brought this one from Poland on Saturday in a huge rain. If you are looking for a superb condition LHD aircooled this one is definitely for you!!!!
It is one of my 2 fiats left (from 7). This car was made in 1989 and had only one elderly owner. This car has been in my sight for almost all its life (first time I have seen it when it was 3 years old) and i have seen it in his "base" garage and many times later when any family holidays or other ocasions accured. Lasy who drove it gave up driving almost 4 years ago due to the age (BTW it was her second 126 so she spent life in these... :) ).
This one is just mint - no need to say anything else and I mean it. She did 48.000km (30.000miles) and it was always serviced in the same small local garage (I serviced there my first fiat I was using for my high school runs). It still has original tools, medical kit, tools and all boot carpets. Interior is just like new with headlining made of thick material as it was "economic" (650 E) export version with fan and heated windscreen. It has never been painted and red paint is still "rich and live" colour without imperfections - I think just because it was garaged all its life (with no exeptions).
Well, I need to part with this one as I am cracking on my sport project and my last fiat will come next weekend together wit Darell's engine and I won't have money, time or space to take care about all of them. And thats it - if you would have any questions please ask. It will be of to Ebay before weekned so you can see its progress and bid if you think its worth your money. I understand it is better to have RHD in here but costs to bring it over + its actual condition wont make it the cheapest possible. Lovely 100% original car.
Will add some pictures when washed as it is still dusty and dirty after rainy trip on a trailer but for now this one just to let you know what are we talking about.

For those who remember my brown one condition - it is as same if not better. Drives like a dream machine :)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:26:22 PM by Jan-in-UK »
Such a thing as Fiat 126p will never happen again to this planet... Love it.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Surely nothing can be better than your brown one. It was an absolute mint. This is better? What price did you have in mind?

Jan-in-UK

I mean better as by 1989 they tried (sucesfully) to make them a little bit more rust proof and more solid. This one is an effect so the paint polishes nicer than brown one. On the other side this one is newer so if anybody is looking for a "vintage" one this one might be a little to "young" :)

But there is still loads os possibilities - chrome bumpers can be easily fitted, I will trow in old mirror (fits) and couple of things can be changed. For me personaly it is beauty as is - fact it left factory as is makes me happy and smiling :) being polish these original cars are part of my history :)

I am looking for around £950 for it obviously negotiable a little but to all who reads this - transport alone is £350 + mint car so it isnt bad price :) this one is really ready to drive anywhere.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

michaelodonnell500

I had an 87 FSM, It was galvanised, I was pretty surprised when I found out!
Rust does not discriminate

Jan-in-UK

:) so you know what I am talking about. I am obviously open to negotiation - it is brilliant small example of fiat but I know I can't keep it. Someone will get really nice toy. No rust problems :)
I can even help with registration. Would be shame to go to Ebay but recently it is the best way to sell. And I have to, no signs of recession going back - at least for me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:35:11 PM by Jan-in-UK »
www.fsoclub.co.uk

Jan-in-UK

Re: For sale: fiat 126p FL, 650 E - 1989 FULL GLORY PICTURES !!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
Still no time to take it for a wash but tried to do some picturs in daylight. Here we go, it is a real candy - little dusty but trust me all colour inside and out looks like NEW :) I will definitely give it a polish and good "lick" inside before weekend and I am sure you woudn't recognize it isnt strait from factory brochure :) :) :) :)

Answering few questions - I am open to offers as it just has to go. Simply as that so talk to me if you like what you see - we maight have a deal, I realy want this to go to enthusiatst.
I have two sets of keys and original polish manual (a little bit tired). Maluch is still on its first registration plates (taken off for this "showroom" look), has original lunar key with protective rubber and full set of polish reg documents..
Underneath is just like new still in factory rustproofing (engine bay also lovely).

PICTURES BELOW WERE DONE JUST AFTER CAR WAS PROPERLY WASHED. SO IMAGINE WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF YOU WOULD POLISH IT TO A LOVELY STANDARD AND SPEND SOME TIME WORKING ON DETAILS. IT ISNT FAR AWAY FROM FACTORY CONDITION AND BROCHURES - IS IT? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ENJOY:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:22:11 PM by Jan-in-UK »
www.fsoclub.co.uk

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Re: Fiat 126p FL, 650 E - 1989 - FULL GLORY PICTURES !!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
I am speechless. Fantastic condition. It should sell very quickly at your quoted price. Mmmm, do I want another 126?

Derek

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
Lovely looking car, I see the bidding has started already on ebay! Just what I'm looking for...but in RHD. Good luck with your sale.

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »
Pity i cannot afford it now, lhd in a car this small doesnt matter that much as one can simply lean over a bit  [-/
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Derek

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 10:00:34 PM »
I used to drive a LHD Smart but just couldn't get used to it, despite the leaning! Shame as It's a good value car.

Jan-in-UK

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
One day I have to check how much it would costs to change LHD to RHD :) :) :) :) :)
As on polish portals these cars are more and more expensive every day (we had a good look with Michael tonight) I still have some good sourced for a candies like that one but they are still LHD!!!! Grrr :)

Hope it will go to a good home as it is well worth saving for a years to come.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:11:53 AM »
conversion would involve buying  a RHD pedal box, and a RHD wiper setup. The rest involves swapping parts and cutting/welding patches, easy stuff though. I guess after that it would need a biva to satisfy a swap for the DVLA. It's like a loft conversion, spend a few quid and its worth more than the parts and labour.
Rust does not discriminate

Jan-in-UK

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »
Hi hi, DVLA doesn't have to know anything about it as in polish original logbook there is no such a position as LHD or RHD :) so thats only what you fill in the forms :) even if they will ask for inpection (which can sometimes happen) you will present car after "face lift"....

But basicly there shouldn't be any problem with test if job is well done. And in case of 126 this job woudn't be really tuff.
www.fsoclub.co.uk

defender90

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
 Yes they did a fantastic job of rust proofing these cars, the dark (black) discolouring you see on the seams of the bonnet etc. isn't rust it's waxoil that was sprayed heavily everywhere and was very successfull in preventing these later air cooled cars from rusting. I have a white RHD 87 car in remarkable rust free condition with traces of waxoil dripping through every seam, crevis behind the lights etc.
   This little car will be a great bargain for someone & don't let the left hand drive put you off they are very easy and enjoyable to drive with the bonus they are obviously cheaper to buy in the UK.

This could be the one for you John?
Kevan
Radcliffe
Gt.Manchester
Citroen BX TDG (soon to go)
Citroen BX TZD
Land Rover 110 Station Wagon

Jan-in-UK

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
This nice rustproofed thing was sold today on Ebay so if only winner will show up it is GONE. :)
www.fsoclub.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal