Fiat 126 Chat > Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving

Fiat 126 Bis - head gasket

<< < (2/3) > >>

Xylaquin:
shouldn't it be blue coolant (silicate) rather than red (OAT)?

Njkip:
I used the green antifreeze in mine, that's what was in it already....🤷‍♂️..

andyzeetec:

--- Quote from: Xylaquin on November 05, 2020, 11:07:36 PM ---shouldn't it be blue coolant (silicate) rather than red (OAT)?

--- End quote ---

Well spotted, use blue. Red can cause problems with seals and gaskets on older classic engines.

Flying Carpet:
Just fitted new copper gasket last night so this thread was relevant to me!
Just curious - is the copper gasket preferred due to additional material to resist cylinder expansion (look at the water channels on both), or is it down to better crush on torquing down the head?

andyzeetec:

--- Quote from: Flying Carpet on November 06, 2020, 07:04:26 PM ---Just fitted new copper gasket last night so this thread was relevant to me!
Just curious - is the copper gasket preferred due to additional material to resist cylinder expansion (look at the water channels on both), or is it down to better crush on torquing down the head?

--- End quote ---

Found this..

Because of its durability, Copper provides good resistance to blowouts because copper naturally conducts and distributes heat evenly, which minimizes warping and allows for a strong seal even on rough or damaged surfaces.

See what you mean about wide water channels being split into 2 smaller sections. Also noticed the red sealer routes differently botom right of the gasket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version