Fiat 126 Chat > Your Restorations

Fiat 126 -73 restoration [ Now: It's ALIVE...!!! :) ]

<< < (3/50) > >>

nrg19uk:
You've been busy  8)

Any surface rust I would recommend http://www.retro-uk.com/fertan.htm

It's the only stuff that I have found that actually works I have treated spots of rust and left to the elements has not come back  :o

Tate:
Today I installed right side door because it needed little bit of adjusting. I also welded the front fender and side flasher sheet metal support. There has been a lot of work with some new metal parts because the Polish quality is so bad.. Even now I'm not fully satisfied to the side flasher sheet metal which I installed today, but what can you do when the quality is just so rubbish..  :( Well... no stress..  ;D

Amateb8:
Your doing great! I can't wait to see the car finished. Will you do some modifications to it or will you keep the car original. Have you thought of the colour of the car?

Tate:

--- Quote from: Amateb8 on October 22, 2011, 06:47:44 PM ---Your doing great! I can't wait to see the car finished. Will you do some modifications to it or will you keep the car original. Have you thought of the colour of the car?

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Yes.. I will do some modifications to it, but now I'm just trying to get all the sheet metal work done before winter comes. Last year this time snow came and it lasted for the whole winter.

I haven't yet desided the color. One choise is the orginal "green lime". Hopefully this car will be painted at the latest in the end of this year.

Tate:
Few days went with my other car bacause one Finnish tuning magazine wanted to make an article about it... Everytime I show pictures of it, people ask me why I wan't to build an Fiat even though I have already such a nice BMW. Well, I'm nuts and I know it  :o

Back to Fiat 126. Today I started to work with the left side of the car. Nothing special... It went pretty easily because I already had experience from the other side.

Orginal floor..

And we have a hole!

Then I welded the nuts for attaching seat belts to the new floor pan

And magic.. We have a new floor..  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version