Author Topic: Auto Italia  (Read 4597 times)

Darrell

• facebook profile
Auto Italia
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »
Are we not good enough to be mentioned by AutoItalia?

I was thinking of subscribing to them....But if they don't mention us I won't ::)

http://www.auto-italia.co.uk/clubs.aspx
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Re: Auto Italia
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »
I felt the same way. If you look at their magazine, they have a section of all UK clubs. We are not mentioned, but I wonder, is this free advertising? If so, perhaps we are excluded because we are an internet based club rather than a proper "club".

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »
You guys keep on making me get the dictionary out  ;D

"A club is an association of two or more people united by a common interest or goal"

So how much more "proper" do you want to be  :oops:

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
Rusty has just appointed himself as our spokesperson to speak to AutoItalia to put right our current dilema [-/
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »
ok guys..
We have now registered for Auto Italia so hopefully we will be added to their directory in the next few days?

smallcox

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »

Sweat :D
air cooled, gt15 garret turbo with intercooler, 14x9" wheels with 225/40/14 toyos, front arb and disc brakes

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
On a similar note THE FIAT FORUM -"for talk on all things Fiat" it says , has a section for pretty much any known Fiat model apart from the 126. I did go on there one time and a guy was getting no help with a problem on an aircooled, so I suggested that he might have more luck on this forum. All I can say is that it did not go down too well  :oops:

Eklipze3k

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
Sad really about FF, I'll bet it was dave got shirty with you as well. He gets upset when people are referred to websites where users are expected to pay for tech help (a la Clubcento) because FF has always been about free info, he obviously misunderstood the way Club126UK operates.
The only reason they don't have a 126 section is due to lack of demand, the classic 500 section has only been there about a year due to demand.
I can't believe it's been almost a year since I had to sell the Blackbird, going to have to start looking for a replacement soon I think :D

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »
I used to look at the FF from time to time but as Rusty also noticed, there does not appear to have a dedicated forum for specific Fiat models. It is a mismatch of everything Fiat but disappointingly, I could not even find a thread covering Fiat 126s.

My local club, The Fiat Motor Club (GB) also has a similar slogan and similar in content, a mismatch of everything Fiat. Queries regarding Fiat 126s appear non-existent as well, so 126 owners like the FF, will not get any joy from these clubs. There is an annual subscription that pays for among other things, meets/events stands and a monthly newsletter.