Fiat 126 Chat > Fiat 126 Mechanical Problem Solving

Bis thermostat removal?

(1/2) > >>

Abarth982:
To cut a long (hot) story short I've decided to try it without the thermostat.
So after lots of Plusgas, sheared rusty seized 10mm tin cover bolts, flakes of rust in eyes, skinned knuckles etc I finally got the housing off ...
Question is, is there a 'correct' way of getting the thermostat out of its housing or is it my less favoured brute force and ignorance?

Guldbergdk:
Previous owner removed mine. Just cut it out with a hacksaw I think:) Car runs just fine without. Never drives it during winter time anyway.

Bar Vitelli:
On the aircooled model you can simply drop the thermostat insde the housing which in turn opens the thermostat flap, works fine and does not rattle, not sure if the BIS is the same but worth looking at as it would save you having to open up the tinware.

andyzeetec:

--- Quote from: Abarth982 on September 12, 2020, 03:39:46 PM ---To cut a long (hot) story short I've decided to try it without the thermostat.
So after lots of Plusgas, sheared rusty seized 10mm tin cover bolts, flakes of rust in eyes, skinned knuckles etc I finally got the housing off ...
Question is, is there a 'correct' way of getting the thermostat out of its housing or is it my less favoured brute force and ignorance?

--- End quote ---

It should just pop out with a bit of encouragement. Here's an old thread which has some pics attatched of thermostat  and housing..

http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9190.msg67649#msg67649

Abarth982:
Thanks Andyz  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version